Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Tribute Bands

Default Re: Eagles Tribute Bands

Sounds like an amazing show thanks very much!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

This isn't a tribute band but a tribute song to the Eagles - it's pretty good, IMO. Seth Burke has a good voice:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuWc_4ACB1U

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    This isn't a tribute band but a tribute song to the Eagles - it's pretty good, IMO. Seth Burke has a good voice:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuWc_4ACB1U
    Very nice! I like how he incorporated all the song titles into the track. It does remind me of Glenn's comment on HOTE about people doing things to the Eagles too, which is also great. I did find myself wondering how it would sound with a slightly more 'Eagles-like' production - I could easily imagine it sounding a bit like TIE if a B-bender Telecaster was used, for example.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for linking to that NMB - that was fun ... gotta love it!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Lawrence View Post
    Listened to The Long Run Eagles Tribute band Friday night in Boca Raton, FL. Very impressive for a tribute band. Definitely worth checking out.

Here's their website:
    http://www.thelongrun.info
    Don't know if you still visit these boards Jeremy but thank you very much for the info. The Long Run is playing the Funky Biscuit in Boca again next week and I'm very tempted to take a road trip up there. Never seen an Eagles tribute band before, it may be a surreal experience!

This is a slightly unusual case of a group of local (South Florida) musicians coming together to perform an Eagles album, On the Border, in its entirety. I'm definitely intrigued, and impressed that they didn't choose the more widely known Hotel California.

Concert tribute to Eagles album finds parallel between Nixon and Trump eras
    BY Howard Cohen
    Miami Herald
    JULY 18, 2017 12:22 PM

Calling an album that spawned a No. 1 single and sold more than two million copies “obscure” seems a bit off.

But when the band is the Eagles — the most commercially successful American group in popular music history that regrouped this month for two Classic West and Classic East festival concerts in Los Angeles and New York — “On the Border” is not the first album that comes to mind. Merely popular gets overlooked when you’ve got a pop culture landmark like the made-in-Miami “Hotel California” in your catalog.

Yet that’s precisely why Mad Cat Theatre Company musical director Paul Tei is so excited about performing the Eagles’ third album as the latest installment of the Mad Cat Live! contemporary concert series.

Full article here: http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...162008168.html

Border Rebel

Wow, that's interesting for a number of reasons, particularly since some songs will get played that I don't believe the Eagles ever played live such as "On The Border" and "Is It True."

I'm looking forward to it. It wouldn't be reasonable to expect that their harmonies will be as heavenly as the real thing, but I'm hoping they're at least competent!

Sounds cool, NMB, have a great time!

They are a very talented group of musicians. They weren't trying to imitate the band (though one of the guitarists had on an old school University of Colorado t-shirt just like Glenn's, and one of the roadies was seen striding down the aisle in a tinfoil helmet like Joe's) but stayed mostly faithful to the arrangements.

The only time I felt the wheels starting to come off the bus was "New Kid in Town" - as an encore - with an ill-advised varied tempo ending. But they redeemed themselves with a gospel-tinged "Take It to the Limit" (similar to the version on Randy's 1978 solo album) and a rousing TIE.

Probably the biggest response from the audience was for the title track of "On the Border," done as a blazing rocker. It deepened the mystery for me as to why the real Eagles don't play this song live. Joe Walsh, with his hard funk style, could tear this one up. Maybe it's too demanding on Don H. as a singer to also be playing heavy drums.

The band I saw yesterday had a female drummer and she was great. She could also sing the high notes on TITTL, helping out her male bandmates.