Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'The One and Only'

Border Troubadour

Default 'The One and Only'

I thought it might be interesting to start a new thread which is applicable to the other guys in the band but as I'm a Don fanatic, I'll stick with him

Okay, supposing Miss SodaScouts turned into a real school marm and told us we were only allowed to post one pick of our favourite man!!!! The shock, horror!! But if it happened what picture or photo would you choose and why?

I'll start off with this one...

This to me, is the pinnacle of Don's gorgeousness. He's mature, relaxed, uber sexy and just soooo 'je ne sais quoi'. All his years of hard living are behind him, he's settled, content, happy to be a father and really enjoying the surprise of being out on the road again with the guys, keeping the fans happy and just being happy

It's the combination of all that, plus the stubble, the eyes, the intense concentration, the denim, the slight possibility of chest hair (!!!!)...ooh la la! and I can hear his sexy, husky speaking voice

I know it's hard to pick one, think of 70s affro and hotness, HFO etc., but if pushed this is my Don 'One and Only'. What about you guys???
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: 'The One and Only'

That is a great pic of Don. Very intense and sexy.

I don't know if I can do it.....will give it some thought though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Great thread topic DD! I will need to think about this too in order to narrow down my choice for Don. Way too many awesome choices!

I LOVE your idea of doing it for all the guys.

DD - that was soooo hard to just pick one picture!!! (and I'll probably have a different one tomorrow )

I've chosen this picture because there is just something so uber sexy about it. He looks like he is just lost in the moment and the music and it just makes me want to be there living that moment with him!

"The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border

I was under the impression that as the thread was started in the Don Henley forum it is specifically for photos of Mr Henley & that if we wish to have similar threads for the other Eagles we should start them in their respective fora. I think it might be also worth having a topic for your favourite photo of the whole band.

I am also assuming that Don doesn't necessarily have to be your favourite member which is why I am hereby posting my favourite photo (this would obivously also apply in the other threads):

Last edited by Freypower; 09-30-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Great idea for a thread, DD. I just posted in Glenn's thread and I'll have to repeat a lot of what I said over there. There are so many gorgeous pictures of Don through the years, that it's almost impossible to single out just one. But HFO is my favorite era for Don. I always loved this picture from the first moment I saw it ...

It is sultry, intense, great hair, uber hot, and OMG those baby blues.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Troubadour

Hi Folks, thanks for joining in. Yeah, the idea was for each guy to have their own 'One and Only' thread so maybe you could start Randy's with that photo, DJ? Very nice it is too

I love all the contributions so far - IABAD especially love that HFO look - sooo gorgeous

And Lacken, I know it's extremely difficult to pick one - maybe this is your 'one and only' for October? Who knows what you'll choose next month? I agree with you about that photo, oh to be the recipient of such passion!!!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

The one week I leave Ireland two Irish people get the ball rolling on this. Great topic! I will have to think about this before I post one. I have a few in mind. Lovely pics too
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

IABAD took my favorite. LOL I'm gonna have to think of another one.

Of course my Don picture is from the HFO era. This picture from the HFO DVD. For me, its the eyes and his eyes are soo beautiful in this picture. Of course I love his hair too.