Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glenn Compilation

Default Re: New Glenn Compilation

I didn't order this yet; I usually don't pre-order things and wait for the price to come down. For those who have it, would anyone be able to scan some of the pictures and upload them here? I'd love to see the pictures!

@soda -- wish you could stop in and say hi since I'm not even 2 hours south of Nashvegas. Have a wonderful trip! (However, if you'd like to meet in Columbia, which is about 30 minutes south of town, let me know. I'd love to see you!)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Mine is arriving today but maddeningly, I am leaving for Nashville with my friend who is visiting in about an hour and will not be able to listen to it for a couple days. I am eager to see this booklet. Very exciting!
    Even though it's not quite the same I got it on Spotify today but to be 'real' I'm looking forward to the hard copy. Can't wait for the 20 page booklet too ❤️
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Desperado

I got my set yesterday. It was mostly as expected, since I'd heard pretty much all of Glenn's early solo stuff. Also the DVD was nice. I hadn't seen it in years (since the VHS).
    I don't care for the Longbranch Pennywhistle stuff...I am glad that it wasn't the group that Glenn tried to make it with.....so sad if we'd had that instead of the Eagles.
    Also, I guess I'd never listened to the After Hours songs before. I found those entirely unappealing.

I bought the mp3 of the longbranch tracks they are good clear hq versions such as star spangled bus but there are some disappointments, such as on kite woman the intro has been shortened getting rid of the opening humming melody at the start which would've sounded great in High quality, it was a similar opening hum to the one henley frey do at the start of good day in hell(I know a really specific observation here but it was a nice addition to the arrangement).

Worst is Bring Back Funky Women, which sounds like has JD Souther rerecording his vocal its definitely not the original as I have some of the vinyl tracks from youtube, it sounds like him older straining for a higher vocal then how natural he sounds on the rest of that album. Also JD has been mixed significantly higher on this song which is a shame because on the original version you barely hear JD to the point it sounds like a glenn lead vocal for most of the track now Glenn's lead harmony vocal is buried in the background beneath JD like they diminished Glenn's presence on the song which I dont understand seeing this is a project serving to highlight glenn.
    Oh well a long review but still worth my money for the mp3 versions, definetly not the cd.
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well I really didnt contemplate that the new compilation would be available in Ireland yet as it took 6 weeks after its release to get After Hours onto our shelves. But I was passing a local music store this morning and there it was on display. So naturally I bought it. So far have disc 1 listened to and I must sta its great to hear Glenn 's voice on a new release. I think Disc 1 has a very eclectic range of his music. Looking forward to hearing the other discs now.
    Oh and the 20 page booklet...... to die for.....
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I had something interesting happen to me on Amazon with this. I pre-ordered back in March, shortly after it was announced. Of course, all the notes said that it would be shipped when ready and that I should have received it yesterday, release day.

According to my Amazon order list, the item wasn't even being showed as shipped for most of the day. Found out from someone else in the same boat that she called to find out what was going on. She was told to cancel her current order and reorder. (We hadn't been charged because they don't charge until shipped.) Best she could do was a Sunday receipt. She advised me to do the same.

I did, but I noticed that Amazon now had two entries for this. One was marked out of inventory to be shipped at a later date. The second (and a dollar more!) was available. So I cancelled my order, reordered, and it's now marked to arrive tomorrow.

I had never pre-ordered on Amazon before. Not so sure I will ever do it again.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    I had something interesting happen to me on Amazon with this. I pre-ordered back in March, shortly after it was announced. Of course, all the notes said that it would be shipped when ready and that I should have received it yesterday, release day.

According to my Amazon order list, the item wasn't even being showed as shipped for most of the day. Found out from someone else in the same boat that she called to find out what was going on. She was told to cancel her current order and reorder. (We hadn't been charged because they don't charge until shipped.) Best she could do was a Sunday receipt. She advised me to do the same.

I did, but I noticed that Amazon now had two entries for this. One was marked out of inventory to be shipped at a later date. The second (and a dollar more!) was available. So I cancelled my order, reordered, and it's now marked to arrive tomorrow.

I had never pre-ordered on Amazon before. Not so sure I will ever do it again.
    I'm an Amazon Prime member and also ordered this back in March. It was supposed to arrive yesterday, but I heard nothing. Then this morning I got an email from them telling me it would arrive on Wednesday and there really was no good excuse for the delay. If this was all new material, I would've cancelled the order, but I'll wait it out this time. Mostly, Amazon is pretty efficient...just not this time...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    I'm an Amazon Prime member and also ordered this back in March. It was supposed to arrive yesterday, but I heard nothing. Then this morning I got an email from them telling me it would arrive on Wednesday and there really was no good excuse for the delay. If this was all new material, I would've cancelled the order, but I'll wait it out this time. Mostly, Amazon is pretty efficient...just not this time...

Hi SS, I also ordered mine in March. I just checked my order and it said it is expected to arrive May 17th or 18th. I also will wait to see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Well I really didnt contemplate that the new compilation would be available in Ireland yet as it took 6 weeks after its release to get After Hours onto our shelves. But I was passing a local music store this morning and there it was on display. So naturally I bought it. So far have disc 1 listened to and I must sta its great to hear Glenn 's voice on a new release. I think Disc 1 has a very eclectic range of his music. Looking forward to hearing the other discs now.
    Oh and the 20 page booklet...... to die for.....
    Awesome, so happy you got it so quickly and easily! Enjoy!!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016