View Poll Results: Should Don be inducted into the RnR HoF?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 88.89%
  • No

0 0%
  • Don’t know/undecided

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should Don be inducted into the RnR Hall of Fame?

Default Should Don be inducted into the RnR Hall of Fame?

This blog makes the argument for why Don should be inducted into the RnR HoF as a solo artist. Given his platinum-level album sales, status as one of the all-time great singers, his songwriting recognitions, his collaborations with other artists and contributions to movie soundtracks, all as a solo artist, should he be inducted?

In a nutshell, the author says this:
    This is a career that has shown continuing influence on music through collaboration and relevant original material, as well as continued chart and sales success. The result is an obvious Rock & Roll Hall of Fame career even apart from his success with the Eagles.
    What says the forum?

”Why Aren’t They in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: Don Henley” edgeinducedcohesion, Aug. 4, 2016
    Last edited by Delilah; 01-26-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: Should Don be inducted into the RnR Hall of Fame?

Sure, why not. Henley's solo career was very successful. All 4 Beatles have been inducted for their solo careers now, so the fact that he was already inducted for the Eagles wouldn't make a difference. However, this would of course open the question of why Henley's solo career and not the other band members. I think every artist will be inducted eventually anyway - sooner or later they will run out.
    Last edited by groupie2686; 01-26-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree and he should be.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Sure, why not. Henley's solo career was very successful. All 4 Beatles have been inducted for their solo careers now, so the fact that he was already inducted for the Eagles wouldn't make a difference. However, this would of course open the question of why Henley's solo career and not the other band members. I think every artist will be inducted eventually anyway - sooner or later they will run out.

Because he had the most solo success overall. I think Walsh also has a case but not the others. The Beatles are a special case (and Ringo was only inducted a couple of years ago).

Henley will probably be inducted on his own eventually, just as Peter Gabriel was (Genesis fans are still waiting for Phil Collins, who was far more successful in terms of sales, to receive the honour).

But then I think Mark Knopfler should be in there twice (Dire Straits are FINALLY in this year) but I don't think it will ever happen.

Personally I think Henley is an obvious choice for the hall of fame. I’m leaning towards Glenn being in, and I’m probably against Joe being in. I don’t think he was prolific enough to get in though his solo career was much more important to his career than anyone else

It would be a bit awkward if he's the only solo Eagle in there, but so what? There's no reason why he shouldn't be inducted based on his own merit. They could always induct the other guys to solve that problem!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

There are others who deserve to get in first, but after that, why not?

Even though I think the Rock N Roll Hall Of Shame is a complete scam.

Don and Joe deserve to because I think out of solo hots these two are more well known.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Because he had the most solo success overall. I think Walsh also has a case but not the others. The Beatles are a special case (and Ringo was only inducted a couple of years ago).

Henley will probably be inducted on his own eventually, just as Peter Gabriel was (Genesis fans are still waiting for Phil Collins, who was far more successful in terms of sales, to receive the honour).

But then I think Mark Knopfler should be in there twice (Dire Straits are FINALLY in this year) but I don't think it will ever happen.

Ringo was inducted in 2015

I agree with everything you said

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Even though I think the Rock N Roll Hall Of Shame is a complete scam.

Don and Joe deserve to because I think out of solo hots these two are more well known.
    I guess it depends on who you talk to. I know most people I know outside of the fandom immediately recognize "The Heat Is On" and "You Belong to the City" but don't recognize any of Joe's solo songs. Some of them actually think "Funk 49" is "Footloose" when it starts (at least several who have been riding in my car when it came on lol).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten