Page 53 of 145 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I am dissapointed that you felt you needed to post this. It’s borderline antagonizing and I made every attempt to apologize and leave. I’m not sure why this was necessary. I would not have responded to the answer to my question unless I had a question or they brought something different up. I just didn’t think it was necessary unless something new was added. I was asking for your opinion. I don’t see the need for a response but apparently it’s worth laughing at.
    Oh, here we go again, YEF. I knew this post was coming. You're true to form.

The YEF posting model:

1. Post something argumentative / controversial.

2. Make a few more argumentative posts, stoking the flame.

3. Once it gets heated, apologize profusely and say you didn't mean to upset anyone.

4. Cry foul when people are still upset with you, point to your apology/apologies as proof of your innocence, and complain how unfair everyone is to you.

Rinse and repeat.

It's happened too many times to be due to ignorance at this point. You're no longer a newbie. Some of us are onto you, and have lost patience with you. Your apologies now seem insincere, and your controversial statements now come off as trolling... at least to me. Tread carefully.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Chaim- I couldn’t find your response to my question. I found your comment talking about how you don’t care what the lineup does. For my question I didn’t plan on responding unless I felt it was necessary to address something. I appreciate your input and I am glad we have a healthy middle ground on here
    Your queston was:

I’m just curious but had Glenn wanted the band to move on without him with Deacon replacing him, would the anti 3.0 side be ok with this? Or would you think that any group without Glenn calling themselves the Eagles would be wrong?

I replied:

Maybe slightly more ok with this happening, but I still wouldn't personally think of the band as "Eagles". And musically I'd still have zero interest. I'm not sure about the first thing I said ("this happening"), but I'm sure about the other two (band name/interest musically).

So you don't reply to every comment, that's fine. I don't remember which "pro-3.0" person asked the previous questions I was referring to.
    Last edited by chaim; 12-18-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with being imaginative, and being more "in your head". I've always been that way. More imaginative than practical and more idealistic than logical, and it's served me well. I've always lived more in my head as it helps me to deal with things better than facing reality, which has proven to be troublesome for me when the going gets bad, I can retreat and live in my head in, perhaps as you say, a "fantasy world". It's more beautiful there, to be frank.
    I'm impressed by your honesty and how you're unafraid to reveal something like this about your true self. I don't see this kind of stuff often in the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Your queston was:

I’m just curious but had Glenn wanted the band to move on without him with Deacon replacing him, would the anti 3.0 side be ok with this? Or would you think that any group without Glenn calling themselves the Eagles would be wrong?

I replied:

Maybe slightly more ok with this happening, but I still wouldn't personally think of the band as "Eagles". And musically I'd still have zero interest. I'm not sure about the first thing I said ("this happening"), but I'm sure about the other two (band name/interest musically).

So you don't reply to every comment, that's fine. I don't remember which "pro-3.0" person asked the previous questions I was referring to.
    I didn’t see it until Dawn showed me. Sorry about that Chaim. I appreciate your view on it.

Stuck on the Border

I didn’t see it until Dawn showed me. Sorry about that Chaim. I appreciate your view on it.
    Thanks. I won't be dwelling on this any further.

Thanks Soda, I appreciate the clarification about the origins / purpose of this thread and hope it won't be necessary again.

As you pointed out, newbies can be forgiven for alot. But this isn't that. For all the reasons you cited and perhaps one more: trolls typically promise to leave voluntarily. Few do. It's not in their DNA. The proof is in the pudding.

Last edited by Dawn; 12-19-2017 at 01:55 AM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Border Desperado

I thought the very same thing, chaim, about WalshFan88's honesty about how he felt.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I'm impressed by your honesty and how you're unafraid to reveal something like this about your true self. I don't see this kind of stuff often in the internet.
    It's just such a part of me. I'm a pretty closed off person. I don't let many people in my circle lol. When reality gets tough, I try to deal with it, get it out of the way, and then retreat to my head. It's a blessing and a curse. A blessing in that I can distract myself with the thought of something better. I've also fought negative thoughts for years, which is the curse part I guess. I fight it a lot but I'm a big believer in meditation and/or some type of relaxation strategy that involves just shutting everything out and staying in your head and visualize things to help yourself clear your mind. I also think it's very healthy to do so, not wrong.

I think a lot of people are afraid to be imaginative, etc for fear of feeling crazy or feeling like they are too "realistic" for it or it's a sign of a crazy person. Not true.

As far as sharing things online, I'm muuuuuch more social, open, and comfortable online because I most often don't know these people and those who do know me from here, well I'm ok with them knowing this. The others, really I will never know so it's not a problem. I'm more likely to share things online than in person. I'm kind of like the person in the song Desperado. I have fences. I've been burned too many times to just let them down for anyone. I'm ok with being me.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Yep, Nope is still here. To no one's surprise. YAWN.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

YEF, you say that you want to try to understand our viewpoint. There are literally 200+ pages on this thread, most of the posts underline quite well our viewpoints of those of us against 3.0. I don't know how to explain it any better for you.

You also say you are going to leave, but never do and you try to spin it so that we're the bad ones. I'm starting to smell a troll. You aren't the only one.

Either stick with it, or (preferably) don't. But the wishy washy leave and come back gets old.

Like I said, you say you want to understand us better, but we can't make it any more clear. If you even just read a few pages, you'll get the jist quite quickly.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."