Page 164 of 195 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

This piece on Don has a few nice quotes from guitarist Chris Holt: https://www.dmagazine.com/publicatio...-party-dallas/

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yikes, I can't imagine dinging Don's car, but I guess that's one way to meet him in person!

Actually that very same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago (the door ding, not meeting Don-lol). I was in my newish car and a lady got out of her big bad newish truck and the wind whipped her door in to mine. I got out and looked and she was very nice and apologetic and offered to have it fixed. It was just a very small skinning of the paint, so I declined and said I appreciated her at least acknowledging that it happened. I wonder if Don was as nice?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Yikes, I can't imagine dinging Don's car, but I guess that's one way to meet him in person!

Actually that very same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago (the door ding, not meeting Don-lol). I was in my newish car and a lady got out of her big bad newish truck and the wind whipped her door in to mine. I got out and looked and she was very nice and apologetic and offered to have it fixed. It was just a very small skinning of the paint, so I declined and said I appreciated her at least acknowledging that it happened. I wonder if Don was as nice?
    I was wondering how Don was about it, too. It bothers me that the article points out where Don goes grocery shopping, so fans can stalk him. Give the guy some peace!

Also, I'm a little disappointed that Environmentalist Don has an SUV (if the article is correct, which you never know). Especially after his sarcastic jibe on them in The Long Road Out of Eden (title song).

I think he should drive an electric car, like his fellow Walden board member Ed Begley, Jr. Or at least a hybrid!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    .....I'm a little disappointed that Environmentalist Don has an SUV (if the article is correct, which you never know). Especially after his sarcastic jibe on them in The Long Road Out of Eden (title song).......
    Good disguise I suppose I'm more disappointing with the 8ft high wall and the purchase of both neighboring properties. If you want to boost a town's economy, you don't buy property and then leave it empty for the majority of the year.

I recently read an article where Sheryl Crow compared working for Michael Jackson and Don Henley. She said she only saw MJ on stage whereas Don cheerfully hung out backstage with his backing band. I think I need another source to support that Henley anecdote

Great to hear that Don offered to sing on Chris Holt's Stargazer album. I'm Wasted is on YouTube;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdZtGZGKtvw.

Here's an article that suggests Henley is open to doing some writing with former One Direction idol Niall Horan.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/niall-ho...152016274.html

In a recent SiriusXM interview, Horan also teased a potential collaboration with Don Henley. "I've got quite a close relationship with [Henley], and Don had spoke about before maybe doing some writing together," he said. "So even just sitting there having a jam with him would be enough for me."
    Wouldn't that be something!

Wow, they write how he tries to maintain his privacy by building an 8 ft fence and buying the adjacent property, and then they tell us which Whole Foods in the Dallas area he shops at. *grumble, grumble* Dirty Laundry *grumble, grumble*

I'm sure that Don has his reasons for driving an SUV, since those are such a pain to drive as a rental car. If I had a choice, I'd rather drive a pick-up truck instead of a bulky SUV. He has 3 kids, right? So that may have been the reason why, as well as what Funk 50 suggested that it may be a disguise.

It's pretty cool that he's willing to work with a younger artist, like Niall Horan. Thanks for sharing Funk 50!

Don probably has a pickup truck and a car. The SUV is probably to drive his kids around especially if they had to go places(games or practices if they did do any of those) or have to drive them and their friends around just like any parent would do if their kids are not driving yet. Will, Annabel and Sophie probably got a car when they were old enough to drive.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

The issue isn't whether Don has justifiable reasons for driving an SUV, it's why is it ok for him and not other Americans, plenty of whom also have kids. When I read he was in an SUV, I also thought about that line from LROOE. His finger-wagging is one of the reasons I'm not crazy about the album.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Rudie - I have to agree with you. He builds a 8 ft. wall around his home and buys the adjourning pieces of property on both sides of his home and then they list the Whole Foods he shops at. Crazy !
    Delilah - I also dislike when Don, or for that matter any other artist, does their preaching/lecturing in their music.

Banned

Henley's finger-wagging is unattractive, imho. He did write;
    Have you noticed that an angry man
    Can only get so far
    Until he reconciles the way he thinks things ought to be
    With the way things are(My Thanksgiving)
    though

I think it's impossible for a highly principled, true environmentalist to earn money in such a throwaway profession as a global entertainer. It's a major compromise however forthright the views expressed are

Stuck on the Border

In MHO there are others ways to show your concern for the environment than lecturing people in your songs.
    However, thanks to Don's work, Walden Woods was saved instead of being plowed over for condos or a strip mall.