Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Another Barnstorm Reunion?

Banned

Default Re: Another Barnstorm Reunion?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Damn. I had a feeling Rocke was left out. If this is true & Joe does play w/more than just the 3 of them, Vitale, Kenny & Himself, it's not a proper reunion. It sucks that Joe is so against 3 piece bands these days. When he had background singers for the James Gang, I wanted to cry.

What can you do when your dreams come true. And it's not quite like you planned ?
    I loved the backing singers contribution to The James Gang's Stop

Caught Turn To Stone from last night's show (13 Aug 2017) on YouTube (no backing singers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06lNd9c2MGQ

They still got it!

My favourite band of all time. It's such a shame that they only made a couple of albums and haven't played together for 45 years. Joe's played with some great bassists but Kenny brings out the best in Joe imho
    Last edited by Funk 50; 08-14-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I loved the backing singers contribution to The James Gang's Stop

Caught Turn To Stone from last night's show (13 Aug 2017) on YouTube (no backing singers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06lNd9c2MGQ

They still got it!

My favourite band of all time. It's such a shame that they only made a couple of albums and haven't played together for 45 years. Joe's played with some great bassists but Kenny brings out the best in Joe imho
    Who's the 2nd guitarist and why?

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Thanks for posting the video, Funk 50. Joe was in great form (the rest of them too).

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Who's the 2nd guitarist and why?

Besides Walsh, Vitale and Passarelli, Tom Bukovic (guitar) and Jimmy Wallace (keyboards) from Joe's current touring band, were on stage.

I've heard that they played Here We Go, Turn To Stone and Rocky Mountain Way.

As far as I know, Joe's never played Here We Go in concert before. Though he did perform the closing instrumental section, directly after Meadows on the live, You Can't Argue With A sick Mind album, with Felder on dual lead guitar.

I hope it all makes the TV Broadcast in November

I wish Joe would commit to doing more Barnstorm shows rather than playing 3rd strummer and court jester with the forthcoming, Eagles not concerts but evenings

Thanks for the thanks Delilah. You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it

Border Troubadour

Wonderful to see. I adore the first Barnstorm album (one of my Desert Island Disks, without question) so this gives me some hope that it may start getting pulled back to the fore as far as Joe's output goes. Also great to see Joe Vitale back, I know he has toured with Joe lately but at least here he is given his rightful position as sole drummer. I can understand why they've included a keyboardist and whilst Joe is a superb guitarist in his own right, as Felder in the Eagles Seattle bootleg shows, a second guitarist on Turn to Stone catapults it into the stratosphere.

Rock on Barnstorm

Banned

I don't know what prompted, for sure, the Barnstorm reunion but Mark Lane must take some credit. True Fandom beyond the call of duty.

Mark's facebook site is a must visit for Walsh/Barnstorm fans large and small.
    Extra, extra kudos for the video of Here We Go (in it's original key!) ;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2332...f=group_header
    Last edited by Funk 50; 08-15-2017 at 03:54 PM.