Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Got to see Poco Saturday night at a very small venue in mid Missouri! Rusty Young is the only member who is still with them after nearly 50 years. They've had lots of changes, but they sounded great. There were probably 400 people there and they signed autographs afterwards and let you take pictures. Rusty mentioned Randy Meisner and Timothy as former members. Said they left them for bigger things-Eagles, which got a laugh from the crowd. They did Rose of Cimarron (my favorite Poco song) and it didn't sound quite as good without Timothy, but it was good none the less. They played for about 2 hours with an intermission. Got to hear Call It Love and Crazy Love too. More favorites! It was a really fun evening!

The venue was a very small, old Lodge in the Ozark hills. We had been there and stayed before when we saw America there, but opted for a more updated hotel in a nearby town this time. It was about a three hour drive for us, but Rusty said it only took him about 20 minutes as loves these Missouri hills and he owns a cabin in the area! He also said they would be back there this time next year with a 50th anniversary show and would have some special guests (former members) along with them! Hmmm, might have to check that out next year!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

WOW Brooke - I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!! Billy Joel is my favorite all time singer(NOTE: group is different). I saw him three times before but not in many years. You will love him - he puts on such a great show. I still want to see him at the Garden so bad ! I am saving for next year some time. HAVE A GREAT TIME YOU WILL LOVE IT ! I am so BUT SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!

So cool that you got to see Poco - I wish I could have seen them in their prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Got to see Poco Saturday night at a very small venue in mid Missouri! Rusty Young is the only member who is still with them after nearly 50 years. They've had lots of changes, but they sounded great. There were probably 400 people there and they signed autographs afterwards and let you take pictures. Rusty mentioned Randy Meisner and Timothy as former members. Said they left them for bigger things-Eagles, which got a laugh from the crowd. They did Rose of Cimarron (my favorite Poco song) and it didn't sound quite as good without Timothy, but it was good none the less. They played for about 2 hours with an intermission. Got to hear Call It Love and Crazy Love too. More favorites! It was a really fun evening!

The venue was a very small, old Lodge in the Ozark hills. We had been there and stayed before when we saw America there, but opted for a more updated hotel in a nearby town this time. It was about a three hour drive for us, but Rusty said it only took him about 20 minutes as loves these Missouri hills and he owns a cabin in the area! He also said they would be back there this time next year with a 50th anniversary show and would have some special guests (former members) along with them! Hmmm, might have to check that out next year!
    Brooke,
    I've considered going here to see Poco, but haven't made the trip yet. Glad to hear they sounded good. Maybe I'll make it to next year's anniversary event.
    Happy you enjoyed the show.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Man !! You guys have been going to some kick ass shows !! Poco, Billy Joel, Rick Springfield ? Hell yeah !!

I'm going to see HIM on the 15th. They're a Finnish goth band, and they are awesome !! I know metal isn't the cup of tea most of you drink, but I'm super excited about it !!

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

Meant to post earlier but forgot to... Billy Joel was fantastic! It was a sold out show, and he just legendary, of course! He played 20 songs on the first set, closing with "Piano Man", then encored with several of his most popular songs: Uptown Girl, It's Still Rock n Roll To Me, Big Shot, We Didn't Start The Fire, Only The Good Die Young, and closing with You May Be Right.

We saw Rick Springfield "Stripped" in a much smaller venue 2 nights later. He's a great storyteller and a pretty funny guy. He knows he's an 80's cliché and just embraces it. His mashup for Jessie's Girl, Stacy's Mom, and 867-5309 is absolutely hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post

I love Poco and hope I get a chance to see them next year. Sounds like a fantastic venue and very nice show, glad you could go! I also love ROC, it's a beautiful song and Timothy would be hard to top but it sounds like they did a good job. Curious if they did Magnolia by JJ Cale? I adore that song and the way they recorded it back in the 70's was so beautiful.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

There's a lot of great concerts that have been announced already for next year close to me and my family is for sure wanting to see Brad Paisley as he'll be at OSU in April and Lindsay Ell is one of the openers (I've seen both already but not the other 2 openers). Then Maroon 5 is coming in September and wouldn't mind going but we'll see, same with the Foo Fighters next summer who are playing closer to Cleveland but we're hoping for a closer venue like here or Cincinnati. I actually wouldn't mind going to see Taylor Swift either, as she'll be playing at OSU's football stadium next summer, but it'll probably be too expansive. Plus, I feel there will be more artists announced soon and to choose from.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

Paisley is easily one of my favorite performers to see live! Just a ton of energy and is a hell of a guitar player!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Going with my Mom to a Christmas concert on the 19th with Chloe Agnew, who used to be in the group Celtic Woman. We saw Celtic Woman years ago when Chloe was still with them and she's now a solo artist.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Out on the Border

I’m trying to decide whether I want to try to navigate a Taylor Swift stadium concert. I’d gone to her 1989 show and really enjoyed it. I have to use a cane and the thought of doubling/tripling the crowd size is a bit daunting.

In Aug 2016 I got to meet Josh Groban and Sarah McLachlan when they came to Starlight theater, and Josh is hoping to have his new music released in early 2018 for a fall tour so I have my fingers crossed. Also got to meet Richard Marx in Vegas this summer and would love to see him again whenever he comes to KC. Also got to meet the legendary Judy Collins and Stephen Stills when they played JCCC in Overland Park, KS this summer.

Would love to see Lady Antebellum whenever they come to town again.