Page 19 of 118 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Can't Blame Taylor. Probably Nervous as it is a big show. And I'm not making excuses for her either. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Just saw Stevie perform with Taylor Swift, and oh my gosh, Taylor blew it. Sorry to say it but it's true. I love that Stevie was there anyway. Her awesomeness did salvage it.

What happened?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I watched it on YouTube. Not good!! Who's bright idea was it to match their 2 voices and thought it would turn out good. As talented as Taylor may be--she's no Stevie and her voice is so very very different from Stevie's that I don't see how they ever thought it would work. Yikes!!!

Stevie was her usual class act tho. Just beautiful!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEEmLT7ewrk[/ame]
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I dunno, I listened and watched the performance and no doubt Stevie was dead on! But I didn't hear Taylor Swift making a travesty of that performance. They just sing such different styles. Nicks' songs are "more mature" in content and Taylor's are a lot "less sophisticated". But I don't think that was the point of the statements about Taylor.

I do wish that more time had been given to Stevie to do her thing. She is awesome and her part in that duet was subdued with harmonies backing up Taylor.

Maybe it's just too early in the morning for my ears to pick up the parts everyone is talking about. I'll listen to it again after I get home and have a better speaker system to listen to than ear-buds or notebook speakers!

Oh, and is it really true that I have to come out of the closet to be a fan of Stevie's? <LOL> Maybe I'd better NOT try and take in a Fleetwood Mac concert! I might not make it home with my virginity in tact!

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

lol, Mike. I dunno, but to these ears, Taylor sounded pretty off key. At the very least, as Willie said, Stevie's and Taylor's voices just don't 'mesh' very well.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    lol, Mike. I dunno, but to these ears, Taylor sounded pretty off key. At the very least, as Willie said, Stevie's and Taylor's voices just don't 'mesh' very well.
    You dern shore got that right IABAD! I can't think of any other two performers whose voices compliment each other LESS. A few, but not many!

MikeA

Ms. Swift was often flat on Rhiannon. There was nothing Stevie could do but keep singing, smile, and hope Taylor got her act together. Things were better on Taylor's song.

Mike, there are plenty of straight male Stevie fans - it's just few of them are hardcores. However, they do exist. I know one very attractive straight male who's a Stevie Nicks hardcore and went to several shows as well as posting online. Indeed, whenever he would go to a Stevie concert, we female hardcores would gather around him eagerly in hopes of attracting his attention. lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Ms. Swift was often flat on Rhiannon. There was nothing Stevie could do but keep singing, smile, and hope Taylor got her act together. Things were better on Taylor's song.

Mike, there are plenty of straight male Stevie fans - it's just few of them are hardcores. However, they do exist. I know one very attractive straight male who's a Stevie Nicks hardcore and went to several shows as well as posting online. Indeed, whenever he would go to a Stevie concert, we female hardcores would gather around eagerly in hopes of attracting his attention. lol
    Whew! That's a relief! I wouldn't mind a hoard of ladies swamping me. I've had a few fantasies similar to that. Butt the thought of all those guys...well........I'm not THAT open minded!

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I wouldn't mind a hoard of ladies swamping me. I've had a few fantasies similar to that.
    Well, let's just say he never came to the show with a girl and never left without one.

From last night: