Page 54 of 125 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson Browne

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Jackson Browne

So you "pulled a Soda" again!?! You are the master!!!

Sounds like it was great fun except for the party boys! Poor Jackson. Especially in an acoustic setting like that, kinda makes it hard to ignore those kind of fools.

For the record---I was reading that and writing this with Jackson singing The Load Out/Stay in the background on Sirius Classic Rewind. Freaky!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh wow! I'm so glad you got to go to the show. I really wish I had been able to join you, but I guess it wasn't in the cards for me to see Jackson this time around. Honestly though, I think I'd prefer to see a show where I know the setlist. I love Jackson, but I'm more of a casual fan - not hardcore. I'm not familiar with all of his catalog, so I'd just rather hear mostly hits if I went to a show. But I'm sure I'd have a good time either way, and glad you did too, Soda.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Great write-up, Soda! I'm glad you decided to go and that you were able to get in. Sorry those guys in the audience spoiled it a bit, but it sounds like Jackson was on good form. I love Going Down To Cuba. It's from his Time The Conqueror album. It's got a really cool, mellow feel to it.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

First of all Soda, I'm glad you're glad you went! It only took a couple of listens for me to enjoy Going Down To Cuba after getting the CD. I like it much better than the song we got off of Time The Conqueror - Far From The Arms of Hunger. I would have been thrilled to hear I Thought I Was A Child. Too bad those guys tried to carry on a conversation with Jackson. Who does that?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Jackson Browne played at the Millenium Concerts I went to and I thoroughly enjoyed him. There was one song that was played I really enjoyed I had never heard before called Culver Moon I think. Any one know the song and the album it's on?
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

It appears to be from the album "Looking East" released in 1996.....I haven't heard it - but there's loads of Jacksons stuff that I need to catch up on!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

The show was fantastic! Jackson sounded great. He told stories about several of the songs. The show started a little after 7:30 and ended at 10:30 (central time).

Here's the setlist:

Barricades of Heaven
    Looking Into You
    Giving That Heaven Away
    Jamaica Say You Will
    Something Fine
    Lives in the Balance
    Far From the Arms of Hunger
    Song for Adam
    For a Dancer
    Sleep's Dark and Silent Gate
    Mohammed's Radio (Warren Zevon cover)
    The Pretender

There was a short intermission after The Pretender then he came back out for the second set

For Everyman
    Doctor My Eyes
    Love Needs a Heart
    Sky Blue and Black
    Your Bright Baby Blues
    Daddy's Tune (Jackson was a bit reluctant to do this one. A woman near the stage asked him if he could sing it for her mom. He sighed and asked if her mom was at the show. When she said yes Jackson went over to the keyboard. He took a minute or two to figure out what key to play the song in then had to start a few lines over because he forgot the words. As the song was coming to an end he said he wasn't sure how to end it so he just played the keyboard a little longer.)
    Sing My Songs to Me
    Fountain of Sorrow
    Off to Wonderland
    In the Shape of a Heart
    Running on Empty

After Running on Empty he left for a minute and then came back and did Before the Deluge as an encore (someone spilled beer on me during this song.)

I'm not sure if the order of the first half is right because I wrote it down during the intermission. I kept up with the second half as it was happening so its in the right order.

Overall the crowd was pretty responsive. They clapped and cheered after every song and Jackson got several standing ovations.

ETA: According to this setlist Jackson didn't do These Days. Now that I think about it I don't think he did. I can't remember.
    Last edited by whitcap; 05-17-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Glad you enjoyed it WC. 3 hours---good for him!

Curious, what's the story about Daddy's Tune? Is there a reason he was so hesitant?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Glad to hear you had a great time!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Curious, what's the story about Daddy's Tune? Is there a reason he was so hesitant?
    I don't think he plays the song often and the request for it caught him off guard.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind