Page 108 of 148 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    A "farewell tour" with two new members? Pathetic. Just like the "Eagles," my other favorite band ends in ignominy and disgrace, disrespecting the man who was key to their sound for so many years.

And Stevie... how she's let me down!
    Well, Azoff does manage both these bands.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    I consider this worse than the Eagles' situation as something "could' have been done to keep this band intact. They have endured many dramas before.
    Without going off topic, I don't consider this 'worse'. Replacing the founding member after his death was far 'worse' especially after the assurances it would not happen. Important though Lindsey was, he did not start Fleetwood Mac. But never mind.

Stuck on the Border

They're still Fleetwood Mac but are they still a Fleetwood Mac I want to support? That's the question for me.

It's not just that Lindsey left. That would be hard, but I could accept it more easily. It's that he was thrown out of the band.

Word is that Stevie and Lindsey got into it and Stevie gave an ultimatum: Him or Me - and Mick chose Stevie because she's the money maker.

It all makes me so sick, the greed, the pettiness, the lack of integrity, the importance of egos over music.

It makes me regret caring so much about these bands.
    Nancy, I am so sorry about this. I feel for you.

When I saw Fleetwood Mac Lindsey dominated the show. I will never forget it, particularly as I had a great deal of 'contact' with him. For the life of me I cannot see how Mike Campbell, a good guitarist but not a singer, and Neil Finn, a great singer-songwriter but not really renowned for his guitar work, can be considered adequate replacements. Once again we find 'it takes two'. As an Antipodean I am particularly bemused by Neil FInn's inclusion. He has his own career with many beloved songs. What does he gain from this except for money?

Bottom line, it's the fans who continue to pay the big bucks supporting these faux farewell farewell tours that make it so lucrative.

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Without going off topic, I don't consider this 'worse'. Replacing the founding member after his death was far 'worse' especially after the assurances it would not happen. Important though Lindsey was, he did not start Fleetwood Mac. But never mind.
    I meant it in the sense that one still could have a Fleetwood Mac band continue with its classic lineup while it was impossible to have the Eagles continue with its key members. Fleetwood Mac is "ending" in animosity which I consider worse as it was within their control.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Well, Azoff does manage both these bands.
    I can see him going "Well, I know people might say Lindsey Buckingham is irreplaceable, but if we were able to sell the Eagles without Glenn Frey..."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    I meant it in the sense that one still could have a Fleetwood Mac band continue with its classic lineup while it was impossible to have the Eagles continue with its key members. Fleetwood Mac is "ending" in animosity which I consider worse as it was within their control.
    But unfortunately, we DO have something calling itself 'Eagles' which decided to continue, loss of its key member or not. And I repeat, that is worse, IN MY OPINION. I won't respond to any more comments on this, as we are now talking about Fleetwood Mac. And Fleetwood Mac is not 'ending', either.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-09-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

I can see him going "Well, I know people might say Lindsey Buckingham is irreplaceable, but if we were able to sell the Eagles without Glenn Frey..."
    I can picture that.

I was very much looking forward to seeing FM on this upcoming tour as one of the very few "intact" bands left performing from the seventies as well as them being my second favourite band next to the Eagles. Reading through the various fan reactions the bright side for me is that it should be very easy to get great seats since none of their fans will be attending - I doubt that will actually be the case though.

I would consider myself as more than just a casual fan of both these groups and I attend these concerts knowing that they are missing some key personnel that either gave them their existence and/or contributed significantly to their sound and popularity.

I hate it. I'm disappointed. I'll still accept that getting to see a portion of the classic lineup is better than nothing at all.

Yep, and you know what Soda? I think at the end of the day Azoff could very well market and sell FM with two women replacing Stevie Nicks.

Seriously. I know it sounds ridiculous but if substitutes are all that is necessary to keep the lights on, it's really not so far fetched is it.
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-09-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Yep, and you know what Soda? I think at the end of the day Azoff could very well market and sell FM with two women replacing Stevie Nicks.

Seriously. I know it sounds ridiculous but if substitutes are all that is necessary to keep the lights on, it's really not so far fetched is it.
    I don't know. A lot of Stevie fans are very into her personally as well as her music, much more so that Lindsey, Christine, Glenn, or Don. Nobody goes and tries to dress like them, for instance, lol. That is a difference between her personal following and that of Lindsey, and I think what caused her to have the kind of power that made them choose her when she issued her ultimatum - that and the fact that she had a far more successful solo career.

Still, I imagine they'd try to replace her, anyway!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten