Page 61 of 86 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Thread: Don videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Don videos on YouTube and other video sites

I was on YouTube and I found this video. Don tells a cute story for the song The Last Worthless Evening. I wonder who the blonde was with Jack Nicholason. LOL The quality of the video is not good. There's a little clips of other songs from this concert on this clip, but the story at the beginning got my attention.

Poor Don. I wouldn't turn him down.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKVyTGraVpI[/ame]

Thanks for that! Rumor has it that the woman was Michelle Pfeiffer.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

First, an apology. I haven't been all through this thread (yet) so this may have been posted many times before. It's a 1984 audio interview with Don in which he talks about his two albums, the issues that matter to him and even about the careers of the other former-Eagles. He's fairly guarded but says more than I was expecting.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0GS5Yk74EE[/ame]

ETA: It was posted on page 57 but not discussed, at least on this thread. Probably with good reason. He certainly tries to be diplomatic but the interviewer is pushing for dirt.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 03-20-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Border Desperado

UTW-

I listened to this interview as I had never heard it before.Its interesting to hear this interview in light of what has changed in the time since this was recorded.

One thing I took away from this, were Don's comments about Joe Walsh saying things that offending him . From the time line I have heard, Joe Walsh was possibly hitting rock bottom or close to it around that time and really may not have been himself when he was saying these things that offended Don. Don may not have been aware of where Joe was at in his life. So many things going on to cause bad feelings and a lot of it was not even personal.

I think the years and life lessons have done them a lot of good and perhaps that's why in this phase of their career together as the Eagles they have managed to last 20 years. They now get each other, and sometimes as I believe Joe said in HOTE doc, they just don't know why it works but it does.

Probably the reason it wasn't discussed was that it is so long! However, these comments intrigue me. I'll be checking it out tomorrow when I have more time.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Probably the reason it wasn't discussed was that it is so long! However, these comments intrigue me. I'll be checking it out tomorrow when I have more time.
    I thought it was worthwhile more for nuance than new information. Don speaks of Glenn with respect and even affection and yet he's very dismissive of Glenn's solo work (encouraged by the interviewer). It's not that Don is nasty but he's critical and I can see how that could be stulifying for anyone trying to work with him.

I look forward to reading your take.

Zanny, I think you're right about Joe's state at the time. Henley talks about Felder being about to put together a band and my guess is that's the band with Joe, Timothy and someone else (forgotten his name, but he passed on Led Zepelin before they got Robert Plant - loser!). According to Felder, they soon realised they couldn't work with Joe because he was in such a bad state.

On this day in in 2000, Don recorded the concert for his Live Inside Job DVD. Here's "Talking to the Moon" from it:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qclL5JMisX0[/ame]

Magnificent.

I watched it online a week ago. I think I'm going to watch it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    On this day in in 2000, Don recorded the concert for his Live Inside Job DVD. Here's "Talking to the Moon" from it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qclL5JMisX0

Magnificent.

OMG DYING.
    ~Sara

While watching Stevie's Behind The Music on Youtube, I found Trisha's Live By Request. If you don't want to watch the whole, Don comes on at 56:50 mark. They were too cute. I knew Don's voice before they said who he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAtK3R5KtLc