Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don teaming with Chideo for Walden Woods

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Don teaming with Chideo for Walden Woods

I don't know what to ask, but Don looks really good in that short video! Brown suits him!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Has anyone done anything with Don's Chideo? Just watched Tavis Smiley interview one of the guys behind the site, can't remember his name Tod something he's a director, and he said the site was going public tomorrow.

So what's going on with this? I Don't get how it works.
    ~Sara

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post

From what I gather, anybody can make a suggestion of what they want him to address in a video, or you can vote for one of the existing questions to the right of the screen. The question, or topic that gets the most votes wins, and Don makes a video talking about that particular subject. To view the video, you simply make a donation to the cause, in this case Walden Woods.

Some of the questions posted to Don are so lame - I know we can do better!

ETA: Upon further inspection, it appears that the cost to watch a video is $1.99. I'm not sure how long the video is though.
    Houston, this is pretty much the way it works. You need to sign up to vote or make any suggestions for the personality to answer or do something - within reason!
    I'm not sure exactly who decides ultimately on what gets answered, because yes, some of the questions, for Don at least, are really lame, and yet a few of them have a lot of votes. I have no idea what some people are thinking when they do something like this, I mean REALLY you want to ask him THAT?! However, I just looked at the site and you can watch Morgan Freeman LITERALLY read out of the phone book...for a small donation!
    Donations start at $1.99 suggested and goes up to $5 if I remember correctly. You can pay with Paypal so it's pretty seamless to pay and then watch.
    Length of the video depends on the answer and the person answering it. Don just recently added two clips where he talks about his time management, and his solo album, both about 2-3 minutes and they were both kind of from the suggested question that were up for votes. Don't know when they were actually able to sit him down to answer, but he looked good and seemed to be in a good mood!
    Last edited by ktdids; 02-18-2014 at 03:19 PM. Reason: adding something

Thanks. I'm having trouble thinking of something intelligent to ask!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I shouldn't worry about asking an "intelligent" question too much. You want people to vote for your question, and you don't want to challenge them by making them think!
    I posted two questions, one asking about favorite authors and what he reads, and the other about how they determine what to put in the set list!

Thank you ktdids. What a great idea to ask him about his new album, maybe I can do something like that too.
    ~Sara

This is really fun. Some of the questions with alot of votes are very lame, as you said. We could come up with better questions. It looks like he has addressed the top two, about the solo album, and also about time management. The 3rd (votes) is about the Boys of Summer. That one is not very interesting to me, at least. You can vote for what you want him to address, but only one vote per day per subject. Signing up and voting is free, but watching the video is $1.99 (the lowest donation).