Page 179 of 302 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Have fun VA!

Had a really busy week at school and slept very late today, everything's been good though

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

There are people here with Eagles shirts on! (At the arena for the hockey game)
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Have fun VA....I LOVE Nashville. My favorite place to visit. I have a lot of connections there with guitarists and like to go and check out studios and such and the guitar stores there are the best you can find (obviously since it's Guitar Town/Music City!).

Music venues/clubs:

Bluebird is excellent. A low key songwriters lounge of sorts.

Tootsies on Broadway is a great venue but a bit to crazy for me (which is not that crazy to most people). More modern country than Roberts.

Robert's Western World on Broadway is my favorite venue. It's more old school country and blues music and they have killer food (burgers, sandwiches of various types) and drinks. The Don Kelley Band there is amazing and I'm friends with their guitarist, Daniel Donato.

3rd and Lindsley has a lot of great amazing virtuoso guitarists that normally hide in Nashville studios playing on everything you hear on country radio. Brent Mason, Tom Bukovac, Guthrie Trapp, etc etc all play or have played there. A bit more upscale but not too much.

Food:

Wildhorse Saloon has excellent food....best burgers in Nashville!

Elliston Place Soda Shop. For ice cream/old style soda shop this is the place. Best fountain coke and ice cream.

Attractions:

Country Music Hall Of Fame. Great tour and experience.

RCA Studio B Tour. Really cool tour of the old B Recording Studio.

Grand Old Opry. Self-explanatory!

Ryman Auditorium. The original home of the Opry. Great to catch a show in.

Ernest Tubb Record Shop is a cool place for old timey records and some new stuff.

I'd list guitar stores but I doubt you're interested.

I haven't been in most of these places in years due to anxiety other than the guitar stores but they are all well known places and I doubt they've changed.

I am basically recharging today because finally, after over two months of having some place to fly or drive to almost every weekend and sometimes during the week, or some presentation to give somewhere, I have NOWHERE to be and NOTHING to do (unless you count all the grading I have to catch up on, which I'm trying not to think about today). The last three weeks have been especially frantic. I have spent all day vegging and just now am getting the energy to even check the board!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Don't blame you Soda, I've had a similar term culminating with a maths subject inspection on Friday. I'm so glad now to be off for s week and though I have some family things to do I am definitely gonna Take it Easy. Some of you may have seen my pic on FB relaxing in TGiF with a well anticipated Tequila Sunrise!

Austin, you paint a great mental picture of Nashville. It is a place that is definitely on my 'to go' list and on Laura's list too!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Soda - rest when you can!

---

This Friday I go for my first post-diagnosis xrays and exam of my foot....likely will be in the boot for another 4 weeks at least but I hope I get good reports on the xrays and saying that it's healing and I won't need surgery. It still hurts, but less than it did. There is a hard knot where the break is and I'm hoping that's normal and not some calcification or indicator of bad healing.

I leave for Florida November 7th and will be there for one week....should be a good getaway anyway even though I don't do anything down there other than go to the private pool and sit out in the sunroom all day!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Have fun Austin! And don't forget the sunscreen!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, have fun Austin!! Thanks for the suggestions for Nashville, by the way. I just walked around a little, I was dressed too warm to walk around a whole lot. Apparently I should have caught the forecast before setting out!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Best of luck with you x-rays, Austin, and have fun on your trip!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten