Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - July 17, 2015

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - July 17, 2015

Excellent Keith!

Thanks for all of your comments and reviews. I'm sure the guys must be tired, but they continue to deliver. Glad everyone had a great time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Joe stayed at the Econo Lodge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is this Joes car or yours? Lol

I just got home. They were amazing! Looks like Mr Frey & Henley received the memo to lay off the hair color because both were grey.
    Glen wore a denim shirt over a white t shirt the first act & a greenish plaid the 2nd half. Don wore white plaid both halves. Joe had on t shirts & Tim wore a purple t shirt the 1st half and a green long sleeve shirt the 2nd. He almost matched Glenn.

Just quick notes because my kitties want attention. Glen came out the second half wearing adhesive tape on his left hand. Don seemed to be in considerable pain from his back during The Long Run. He was rubbing it during the first verse.

Post more tomorrow. Difficult to type & pet.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I had the same issues with kitties back when I had some! Give them some reassurance that you'll never, ever leave them alone again even for a minute, then come back and let us know your thoughts!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    Is this Joes car or yours? Lol
    Haven't got a Maserati. My Honda does 85.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Another great evening as suspected!

Keith, how awesome that you got such a great seat at the last minute!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I had the same issues with kitties back when I had some! Give them some reassurance that you'll never, ever leave them alone again even for a minute, then come back and let us know your thoughts!
    I am going to leave them again in a few weeks to see the Pirate?Dodger game & again to see Mr Henley in Philly.

I do have a few pictures to post too. Friday night brought me back to 1977 & sitting on my boyfriend Benny shoulders...sigh!

Out on the Border

I went to the show and had a blast. I sat closer than I had ever sat before for an Eagles concert and was able to catch so many things I had never noticed. A few things I noticed during the show:

- The stage arrangement was less "grand" than past shows. There was a projection screen, but it wasn't the normal gigantic 3D one with all the panels. There was no curtain in the beginning of the show hiding the screen and all of the band equipment was already setup and in place before the show (as opposed to the usual big reveal / set change in between Witchy Woman and Doolin-Dalton). It was also a lot easier to see them entering and leaving the stage.
    - The venue (Boardwalk Hall) is designed as a hybrid arena/theatre, so there's already a stage. I thought it was funny that the Eagles brought in their own stage and built it right in front of the preexisting one.
    - During Saturday Night, Steuart Smith and (I think it was) Michael Thompson were dimly lit in the back of the stage playing a mandolin and accordion (respectively). This solves the "is it there / is is live or piped / then who's playing it" questions about that part of the show.
    - Arena staff were very proactive and strict about making sure people weren't taking photos, even before the show began. They loosened up after the intermission and, by the encores, didn't really stop anyone.
    - It was refreshing to hear some new jokes, such as the "so drink up" bit in the beginning.
    - Don and Glenn both seemed to be in very good spirits and very good voice that night. Joe and Timothy both seemed slightly off and distant during the first 60% of the show. Joe got more energetic as the show went on and was on fire by the time HC came around.
    - Glenn did a very rare ad-lib during Lyin' Eyes. After "A rich old man, and she won't have to worry", he muttered "sometimes" into the mic. I don't know if many people heard it, but it made me laugh.
    - NKIT was spectacular to hear live. Glenn nailed the note at the end, although it may have been hard to hear over the chorus of harmonies.
    - I love the moment Glenn and Don have during TLR when he sings "kind of bent, but we ain't breaking".

Overall, I have to say it was BY FAR my best time at an Eagles concert.