Page 30 of 166 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Ticketmaster are using photos of the Eagles with Glenn in them.
    I live in the U.K. And will try to get tickets for New York.
    It will be great to see who plays with Don, Joe and Timothy and to see Will Hollis, Scott Crago, Michael Thompson again And the great Steuart Smith.

Banned

Here's the video trailer. I hope Don's pukin'. Only Joe and Don left from the Hotel California album. If there's no Bernie, Don alone will represent the Pre-Joe era of the Eagles.

JOURNEY, EAGLES, FLEETWOOD MAC And Others Confirmed For The Classic West / The Classic East Concert Events This Summer; Video Trailer - Bravewords.com
    http://bravewords.com/news/journey-e...-video-trailer

I hope Tim pops up on stage with Steely Dan. Not sure why but I do.

I hope it's a success. The artists roster isn't quite as mega as the Desert show's, last year imho.

Not at all surprised at the hefty price tag that comes with an event targeted at so called " aging baby boomers" - just disappointed Don Henley who considers himself the curator of the Eagles is seemingly too busy or disengaged to release a formal statement. Seriously.

Second, this isn't a tribute to Glenn Frey. It's Azoff, the revival of the remaining Eagles and a whole lot of others capitalizing on Classic Rock as a Huge Source of Concert Revenue. Doesnt mean they won't "honor" him however grossly inappropriate the venue and timing.

Classic Rock: Forget the Cliff and Follow the Money

http://jacobsmedia.com/classic-rock-forget-cliff/
    Last edited by Dawn; 03-29-2017 at 02:54 PM.

I don't think Don, Joe, and Tim will forget Glenn. They knew him better than we ever did. Their grief was genuine and deep. I truly believe that.

They're just not going to let his death slow them down when there's money to be made.

"That's what they tell me"? Own it, Don. That's what you decided.

I don't buy the "Don is a victim; it's unfair to criticize him" bit. He is the boss now, and that's why he gets the blame. If you want me to pretend otherwise just so he doesn't have to take any heat for his choices, you'll be disappointed.

I'm not saying he's a bad person. I'm sure he's got a good heart... a loving husband and father, a passionate advocate of causes he believes in. He's certainly amazingly talented. However, he is also in charge of the Eagles legacy, and in my opinion, he's tarnished it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Soda - I could not agree with you more. Don is now the boss and this would not have gone forward without his consent. I guess money knows no bounds when it comes to Irvin and Don. I am very disappointed with this decision. This show, the Runway show and Don's "Birthday" celebration are in MHO just outrageous in price. I wish Fleetwood Mack was playing the same day as the Eagles. Maybe than I would spend the $150 and see it.

Just thought I'd pop in and offer some thoughts... I'm just kinda disappointed about the whole thing. I selfishly thought that they should just straight-up not continue as the Eagles after Glenn left us, but here we are... Don, Tim and Joe being billed as "Eagles" without Glenn. It's just weird and sad.

I agree with Soda in that Don is getting most of my disappointment. As much as I love him, he does pretty much run the Eaglesy things now, and the fact that he was cool with going on like this kind of pisses me off. Personally, I'm peeved at Azoff too, because this whole shindig sounds less like "Desert Trip 2 Electric Boogaloo" and more like "Let's Get Some More Money 2017".

I don't know. I'm rambling a bit, but I don't think this should've happened. Tim and Joe getting together with Don for the Runaway thing in July seemed like a nice one-off opportunity, but The Classic seems like too much for me.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Stuck on the Border

I don't blame Azoff at all. As their manager, it's his job to find interesting and lucrative opportunities just as he has for more than forty years. In this case, he's actually creating the opportunity.

I'm not prepared to let Henley off so easily. This goes against everything he's said previously on the subject of continuing as a band and all he's offered so far is "so they tell me". It's not just the band's image that's looking tarnished.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    I am debating whether or not to attend....aside from Steely Dan and Fleetwood Mac, I will have been to see all the other performers in the last couple of years including the Eagle's solo members and Stevie Nicks a couple of times each.

We are doing Don's runaway tour in Dallas the weekend following Classic West and since he will be having Joe and Timothy guesting there, I wonder how much different (if any) the setlist will be be from an "Eagles 3.0" setlist.

I am leaning towards skipping this and looking forward to trying to get great seats at one of the hopefully upcoming Fleetwood Mac shows.

On the other hand, it would be quite an experience to take in two days of favorite music in an unique concert setting...even from the outfield seats!!
    As much as I would love to go to Classic West, it would be more convenient (and a lot less expensive) for me to go to Don's birthday concert. As far as the set list, I'm sure it would be quite different. From what I have read and seen on the video clips, Joe's stuff made up practically half the Eagles shows. Will they lean on him even more for The Classic? I doubt he would play as much at Don's show. It would be nice to know who the guests will be to get an idea of who will sing Glenn's songs. If there are no guests, I find that problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    As them billing themselves as Eagles vs Eagles Family and Friends, I am indifferent and believe they should do as they like. We won't get to hear Glenn's vocals on a number of songs and that will be missed. I wish I had have seen them when Randy was performing Take it to the Limit or when Joe and Don Felder were dueling it out with their guitars.I don't think any of the remaining members intend any disrespect towards Glenn and I am sure his memory will be incorporated in their performance.
    Me too.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I hope Tim pops up on stage with Steely Dan. Not sure why but I do.
    Wouldn't that be cool?! I've been listening to The Royal Scam a lot lately, and Timothy's voice is pretty noticeable on that. Would love to see him sing, "Ain't never gonna do it without the fez on."

EDIT: I mean no disrespect to those who are upset at what the guys are doing.

I just made a new thread for the concerts in "Pre-Concert Anticipation" (both Classic West and Classic East), for those who are excited about going and want to talk about it in that context. I am not judging those people who want to go, and I hope no one thinks that I am trying to discourage others from going. I just personally won't be.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten