Page 46 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Banned

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

If I saw The Eagles live in 1976 or 1977, I'd be pretty disappointed if they didn't play any new material.

Now the Eagles are no more, Felder may re-brand his Evening At The Hotel California as something with the word "Eagles" on the ticket.

With Don (H), Tim and Joe focusing on solo ventures, it's looks like Don Felder and a host of tribute acts will be responsible for carrying on the legacy of the Eagles.

Stuck on the Border

I like a show to have a mix of classics, new material and some interesting covers, with a bit of talk in between songs to explain how they came about. Felder's current setlist is too heavy on big Eagles hits. While I'd like to hear him play Those Shoes and Hotel California, I don't see how he brings anything to Peaceful Easy Feeling or Tequila Sunrise that a good tribute band couldn't do better. Far better to hear him covering a guitar classic or playing his own songs.

Out on the Border

We will never know for sure what the problems were, because we were not there, but Bill Szymczyk was.

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/...iew.php?id=916

Pretty cool interview about his work with the band - "They hated each other" he says. Not just Henley/Frey vs. Felder, but everyone hated everyone.

He also says this about Felder's book:

Bill: Other people that have read his book, which was pretty true, concerning the stories and the animosities – he did not exaggerate all that much. People would read that book and tell me, “You’re the only one in that book that doesn’t come off like a shit head.”

And I agree, they're all shit heads in that book, including the writer.

Where Frey could have maybe/possibly makeup with Felder, Cindy the wife may never, because all she knows are the bad stuff. She does not have any positive memories of Felder.

Could she have the legal powers to stop all the others from working with Felder?

We don't know what Glenn left to Cindy when it comes control or anything to do with the Eagles, but I think everything that has anything to do with the Eagles is probably under Don's control (and MAYBE Irving too) even though they are no more.

Does she have the power to stop them? That we don't know. And Don probably doesn't care who Timothy and Joe works with now. But you never know. Timothy and Joe might want to work with Don Felder again, but that's a very big "I Doubt It" and no chance in heck especially if they still hold bad feeling for Don Felder.

IMO For Joe. I think it was out of respect of Glenn and Don (probably also not want to make them mad or get in the middle of something) as to probably why Joe and even Timothy never worked with Don again after he was fired in 2001. Like someone said, we don't know if the guys would had broken up again if they kept Don in the band. The Eagles have been through a lot of personnel changes over the years and they never stopped(well except this time because they lost an important member who couldn't be replaced) because they know they can replace those people.

About that interview

Randy Meisner was not even in the band anymore.

Bill: He made the mistake of pouring a beer over Glenn’s head one night. I was not there, as they were on the road, but I heard about it later. It was the end for him.

Wrong Guy

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    If I saw The Eagles live in 1976 or 1977, I'd be pretty disappointed if they didn't play any new material.

Now the Eagles are no more, Felder may re-brand his Evening At The Hotel California as something with the word "Eagles" on the ticket.

With Don (H), Tim and Joe focusing on solo ventures, it's looks like Don Felder and a host of tribute acts will be responsible for carrying on the legacy of the Eagles.
    I doubt he would be allowed to use the word Eagles - by Don & Irving. I fail to see how Cindy Frey could wield any influence over these events unless her husband's own name is misused.

I will say this once more & not mention it again - if Felder had any self respect at all he would leave the Terminal of Tribute To (thanks Mark Knopfler, unwieldy title though it is) and make an attempt to be remembered on his own terms, just as Steve Hackett (and indeed Knopfler) has done. We all know that his act is not to honour Glenn but to remind people he was in the band. Well, he can do that, but surely he could expand on it.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    About that interview

Randy Meisner was not even in the band anymore.

Bill: He made the mistake of pouring a beer over Glenn’s head one night. I was not there, as they were on the road, but I heard about it later. It was the end for him.

Wrong Guy
    It was Bernie who poured the beer over Glenn, not Randy. You are thinking of the later incident when Randy refused to sing TITTL & he & Glenn got into a fight.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It was Bernie who poured the beer over Glenn, not Randy. You are thinking of the later incident when Randy refused to sing TITTL & he & Glenn got into a fight.
    It did say "wrong guy" at the end of the post.

I don't know if this means anything but did you guys notice that the time period of when felder was in the band. In about 90% of the photoshoots Feldter,Glenn and Don were almost groupoed closer then Bernie Randy Timmothy and Joe were? Also with exceptions most of the time Felder was always on to the immdieate left of Glenn?.

Interview in which Don was asked about his past relationship with Glenn & Don H and whether things will change because of Glenn's passing: http://wpdh.com/the-eagles-don-felde...ey-don-henley/