Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Thanks Shun, you're the best!

I saw Take It Easy on Instagram by looking up Deacon as a hashtag, and I was amazed that he sounded Glenn-like. I was like was this pre-recorded vocals from Glenn? I'm definitely not saying that it is, but I was shocked in a good way. I'm no hearing expert though, so this is just a feeling that he sounded pretty similar to Glenn.

I've heard Deacon sing Hotel California and Change the World (Clapton) on YouTube and never thought that he could sound like Glenn.

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

So I did something I said I wouldn't do, watch a video from the show. I watched two IG clips, one of Deacon singing and one of Vince singing.

My thoughts are this. To me, Deacon is a spitting image of his dad visually but their voices are rather different. Deacon actually has a lower tone to his voice to my ears and not the same but I'll be the first to admit I actually got choked up watching him sing TIE and it put a smile on my face afterwards. Regardless how I feel about what has went down, that was a cool moment and is why I decided to watch it. Rather if he wanted the band to continue or not, Glenn had to be proud.

Vince, I thought did ok on PEF. I think it was much like the other videos we've seen of him either from the Opry or the KCH. Good, but not the same by any stretch. I think Vince, as great as he is, should thank his lucky stars for being there. I think HE knows how special it is, but still. He seems like a nice guy but I didn't care for his eagerness to join the band or saying how perfect he was for them. And I think Vince is a nice guy, but perhaps a bit too eager to replace a songwriting, singing, and entertainment legend regardless of influence that he may have had on him. Admittedly, it has tarnished my thoughts of Vince a little, I always thought him to be more humble than that. But maybe it's just the press.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Shun, do you know who sang Tequila Sunrise?
    Vince sang Tequila Sunrise.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I second RCF's post! Thanks Shun for all the updates. I can barely keep my eyes open but I'm so drawn to this show. Deacon sounded great singing Take It Easy. It brought a smile to my face but it was bittersweet at the same time. Is there a video or audio of TITTL? I can't find it. So awesome that Bob Seger showed up!!

I know it was just cell phone audio but I did think SBR sounded anemic without Glenn.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

From what I saw on Twitter tonight. Here is the setlist. For those who are going to NYC and don't want to see the setlist, you might want to skip this reply.

Seven Bridges Road
    Take It Easy-Deacon
    One Of These Nights
    Take It To The Limit -Vince
    Tequila Sunrise - Vince
    Witchy Woman
    I Can't Tell You Why (Timothy did sing this one)
    Lyin' Eyes - Vince
    Those Shoes
    Peaceful Easy Feeling - Deacon
    Best Of My Love
    Love Will Keep Us Alive
    New Kid In Town - Vince
    The Last Resort
    Already Gone - Deacon
    In The City
    Heartache Tonight - Bob Seger
    Life's Been Good
    Funk 49
    Life IN The Fast Lane
    Hotel California
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Desperado

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Looking at all the tweets I read tonight, everything was positive. One negative tweet, but he didn't care about the Eagles or Steely Dan. So I guess that doesn't count

Everybody enjoyed Deacon and said he sounded a little like his dad and good reviews from Vince too.

Stuck on the Border

I almost expected Clint Eastwood to come out after the horn intro to HC.
    Thanks for keeping us updated, Shun.

Deacon talking before he sang Peaceful Easy Feeling.

https://twitter.com/FrankieDiVita

One minute video of the beginning of "Already Gone" (sung by Deacon as Shun has indicated in the set list)

https://mobile.twitter.com/StacyStra...885313/video/1