Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: computers

Default Re: computers

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Interesting statement. I was talking to a sales guy in Apple a few weeks ago and he was saying he only buys every SECOND model of Apple products. Like he had an iphone 4 so would not upgrade to 4S. Similarly had an iPad2 so was not getting the new iPad but would wait for the obe after!
    Yeah, I agree. Not so much that every other version sucks as the case with MS, but that the middle ones aren't enough of an upgrade to qualify. Just like the iPad 4.. I'm perfectly happy with my 3.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

We just got a new computer a few weeks ago. It has windows 8 and it is just too confusing! Anybody else have it? Opinions? Will I ever get used to it?

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    We just got a new computer a few weeks ago. It has windows 8 and it is just too confusing! Anybody else have it? Opinions? Will I ever get used to it?
    Windows 8 will go down as being another ME, another Vista... AKA huge failure. Horribly confusing for someone. They've removed things that have been in place since Windows 95. Things like the Start Menu, etc.

My mother just had to buy a new computer because her old one was getting too slow and it had been upgraded and still too slow. Of course, hers came with Windows 8. She's managing, but I probably will have to format it and put on Windows 7 if she thinks it's too much of a headache.

Not really anything I can recommend. If you find it too much of a headache, try to find a reputable computer place to reformat and install Windows 7.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Thanks Austin. I thought maybe it was just me.

Nope.

And the problems with W8 just keep piling up. I think it's one of MS's biggest failures yet.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Nope.

And the problems with W8 just keep piling up. I think it's one of MS's biggest failures yet.
    Wow, they'd have to really work to beat Windows ME at being a big failure! I'm sure they can meet the challenge.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Nope.

Well they sure do advertise it!! We saw commercials for it about a gazillion times during Duck Dynasty last night.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Guess I'll be looking for a PC with 7 still when I look for a new one. I have 7 at work and love it. I know Vista gets slammed but I've never had any major issues with it. It's just sloooooooooow.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've noticed lately on my pc that if I click on a link here or anywhere for that matter I get a blank page. I'm sure this is new for me. I think I've changed a setting that I shouldn't have. Anyone know what to do?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I've noticed lately on my pc that if I click on a link here or anywhere for that matter I get a blank page. I'm sure this is new for me. I think I've changed a setting that I shouldn't have. Anyone know what to do?
    What Browser and OS are you using?

It could be a setting, or in the case of Windows, many things such as corrupted browser, malware, etc etc.

ETA: If it's IE and Windows - go to this page and run this hotfix that will fix the problem. If it's Chrome or Firefox, or a Mac, let me know.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

You should be able to copy and paste to open the link.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger