The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Eagles Discussion Areas > On the Road with the Eagles > Eagles Concert Reviews

Eagles Concert Reviews Post your reviews of Eagles shows here.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #151
New Kid In Town
Border Desperado

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

LTEF - Glad you had a great time. When I heard the you tube videos of SSB and LE I thought they were only so so. What did you think since you were there ? The others sounded great. I checked East yesterday and there were still seats left - those mostly between $300-$450 for just Saturday's show(I did not check Sunday since the guys are not playing then).
I am sure Irving has been busy booking dates as I write this.
New Kid In Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:08 AM   #152
Philh
Border Desperado

Why do you think that again there were no songs from LROOE?
It would have been good to hear How Long or Busy Being Fabulous.
Philh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #153
thelastresort
Border Troubadour

Think LROOE died a death after they omitted it from HOTE, if material doesn't get revived for a celebration of your entire catalogue then it's in trouble.

Whilst I would be partial to having the superb How Long back in the set, I believe Henley doesn't care for Busy Being Fabulous, who I would guess now has a rather firm grip on their performance. I also think a lot of it doesn't fit too well with their 70s work / current set: I can't imagine there's much hope for the likes of uber-gentle Waiting in the Weeds or the utterly wonderful but light years long title track being brought back in a sea of Already Gone and Witchy Woman for example.
thelastresort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM   #154
UndertheWire
Stuck on the Border

I feel like I should be whispering - some more videos have been posted and they are from a good angle - slightly elevated and from Timothy's side. They show the entire front line (ie you can see Timothy and Steuart) as well as many of the backing musicians. During LITFL, Joe attempts to kick Steuarts's butt. Less good for watching the least vocalist but great for seeing how they work together.
Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM   #155
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philh View Post
Why do you think that again there were no songs from LROOE?
It would have been good to hear How Long or Busy Being Fabulous.
To tell the truth. I thought they might bust into How Long because usually when they sing Seven Bridges Road, How Long follows, but who would sing How Long with Don since it was co-lead song.

They did play How Long a few times on the HOTE tour. The Forum(only one show and I think that was January 15th), Stateline, NV concert and a few shows in Europe(mostly the festival shows).

If they ever play a song from LROOE, it will be How Long.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Last edited by shunlvswx; Yesterday at 09:41 AM.
shunlvswx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM   #156
maryc2130
Border Desperado

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
To tell the truth. I thought they might bust into How Long because usually when they sing Seven Bridges Road, How Long follows, but who would sing How Long with Don since it was co-lead song.

They did play How Long a few times on the HOTE tour. The Forum(only one show and I think that was January 15th), Stateline, NV concert and a few shows in Europe(mostly the festival shows).

If they ever play a song from LROOE, it will be How Long.

They did open with How Long at the Wang Center in Boston in September, as well. It was during the HOTE tour, but it was a benefit for Walden Woods so the song choices were a little different. They also did Dirty Laundry that night.

I can't imagine them doing it now, since as Shun said, Don and Glenn sang the co-leads on it.
maryc2130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM   #157
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
They did open with How Long at the Wang Center in Boston in September, as well. It was during the HOTE tour, but it was a benefit for Walden Woods so the song choices were a little different. They also did Dirty Laundry that night.

I can't imagine them doing it now, since as Shun said, Don and Glenn sang the co-leads on it.
Thanks, maryc2130. I did see that on setlist.fm and we know its not always accurate. I forgot that was the Walden Woods benefit concert.

They might had Deacon sing it with Don. It seems a little suitable for his voice. I need to go back watching the videos I saved to see how well Deacon blended with Don when Don is harmonizing. I heard him with Vince and they blended good.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Last edited by shunlvswx; Yesterday at 01:29 PM.
shunlvswx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #158
Brooke

Location: Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm not surprised there were no songs from LROOE because they eliminated them from the HotE tour and I guess we'll never know why. There are several from it that I love.

"My brothers, the Eagles, forever may you fly" Linda Ronstadt, Kennedy Center Honors, 2016
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote