Over the summer holidays I've been listening to a number of the albums in my collection and it's got me thinking about how they provide such different listening experiences, not just in sound but in quality and consistency. Some albums are 'top heavy' with the best songs at the front, some are very consistent, others are very up and down in quality. So based on my experiences, I was interested to see if anyone else had ever made any similar observations about the 'balance' of tracks on a record.

I therefore ask out of curiosity if there any albums you own or have heard where you find that:

1) You like just about every song on the album, but you don’t think there are any standout tracks

2) You love almost every song on the album, but there is one song you don’t like

3) You much prefer the first half of the album to the second half

4) You much prefer the second half of the album to the first half

5) You think the album starts and ends weakly, but is strong in the middle

6) You like about half of the album and dislike about half of it – you generally either really like or don’t like most songs, with few tracks falling between the two extremes

Feel free to answer as many of them at a time as you want - if for example you can think of albums where you much prefer one half or the other but can't think of one that is strong in middle, you can skip that question or leave it for later. I've tried to make this as inclusive as possible (hence why I describe 'half' of an album rather than 'side', so as not to exclude post-vinyl era albums) already thought about my answers to these and will post them later.