Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Seven Bridges Road

Default Re: Seven Bridges Road

10 classic rock songs that radio stations need to stop playing now.

[Spoiler, 7 Bridges isn't one of them!]

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/13/10_c...p_playing_now/

Interesting article! I'd agree that you hear HC way more often than other Eagles' songs on regular radio, but since I listen mostly to Sirius, they have more variety in their playlist, and they'll roll out "Ol' 55" or "James Dean."

SBR, though, is in a class by itself because of those tight, multi-part harmonies. I've sung in choirs, and that kind of consistent harmony is tough, tough, tough to sustain. Especially when you're not hearing anyone else sing your part to help you stay on the path. The fact that these guys could do it -- and a capella, yet -- is maybe the best indicator of their musical gifts. Some of it becomes muscle memory, but that doesn't mean you can't (or won't) go into the weeds if you get just a tiny bit off the pitch.

It's just a great song and they do it so very, very well. One of my favorites. Always gives me goosebumps.

And for music geeks like me, here's the deconstructed version, with all parts separated (which makes their harmony even more amazing, IMHO.) Takes about 13 minutes to get through, but a fascinating listening experience.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lwJw6g2gM

Stuck on the Border

Pippinwhite - Thanks for the video. I had listened to it about a year or so ago before it was pulled from you tube. I love SBR - it is one of my favorite Eagles songs. Agree about most of those songs in the article. My radio station will play other songs.This week I heard Those Shoes, VOL, AG & TIE.

@RedStorm: You're welcome! Glad you liked it. I thought it was just too cool.

@NewKid: it's back on YouTube. Listen while it's there! LOL.