Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Let's Get Harry

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Let's Get Harry

I just found out this is actually airing on one of my local channels next week on Friday (the 17th) thanks to my guide letting me search for things with Glenn in it. I have no idea if I've seen this or not over the years (as my Dad watches tons of movies) but thinking of checking it out.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Out on the Border TequilaSunrise82's Avatar

which channel buffy?

It's my local version of My Network TV. They air a lot of older shows and movies. I know it's partnered with my local ABC station.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I have My NetworkTV too, but I wonder if my local station will play it too.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

My uncle can get several different stations with My Network TV. Hopefully, one of them will show the movie.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

It's airing at 2 pm EDT for me but I think it's also airing on that Sunday too since it's listed twice. Not sure if all of them are the same or not.
    ~*Amanda*~

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Have ya'll read this 1986 article, wherein Glenn claimed that Robert Duvall singled him out for some rough treatment during filming:
    http://www.indiewire.com/2016/01/rem...-harry-175228/
    Great article - I read the longer version as well. Thanks for finding it.

Duvall sounds like a real jerk!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I did end up watching it and it just ended back at 4 and I agree it wasn't that bad. It was a bit corny at times but it's very much like a lot of action movies and TV shows that are still around now. Didn't realize how many other actors I recognized were in this, especially Mark Harmon, Michael Schoeffling (Jake Ryan from "Sixteen Candles", which I love that film), Robert Duvall, Gary Busey, Jere Burns, and others from various movies and shows I've seen. This totally was something I can totally see my Dad having watched and he probably has.

Speaking of my Dad I got freaked out so much as Glenn in this movie with the mustache back and his short hair looks so much like how my Dad did in the 80s and early 90s!!! My Dad at that point had the same hairstyle and mustache for most of my early childhood (I was born the same year this movie came out). I've posted on here before how I've noticed my Dad and Glenn resembled each other in some photos, but this was the most I've ever seen it and I was laughing so much at that. LOL I don't think my Dad still looks like him since my Dad's let his hair and beard go gray, and I don't remember seeing Glenn with facial hair as he aged, but they did look alike when they were young. So that might explain why I never cared for Glenn's mustache. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

"Let's Get Harry" will be on the tv network - Movies tomorrow at 6:00p.m. Eastern time.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten