Page 109 of 114 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1134

Thread: Concerts

Default Re: Concerts

I saw Jackson Browne and John Fogerty a few weeks ago. Jackson was his usual awesome self, thanking us for coming, telling us how he loves playing at this venue. He's such a sweetheart! He did only 12 songs, but he sounded great. He opened for John Fogerty. He was Ok, but we were really there for Jackson. We left halfway through his set. He just seemed kind of hokey to me. Seemed to be trying too hard. We have tickets to see Jackson in October at the Beacon. So this was just a warm-up.
    We saw Chicago and REO Speedwagon last week. I only knew 3 songs by REO Speedwagon. They were good, but not my type of music. Chicago was good. Only 3 original members left. A really different type of sound with the horns. I remember in high school, they played Color My World at every dance. All the couples would dance , and my friends and I would go in the bathroom because we never had anyone to dance with. Years later we realized maybe nobody asked us to dance because we were always in the bathroom! Gotta love those teenage years!
    Our next show is Steeley Dan on September 3.
    Then the Eagles September 10 & 13!

SG, I would see Jackson every week if I could! I love him that much!!! We just saw him last month. We are also seeing him in October, in Indy. We will, of course, have purchased and listened to his new album by then. It's all very exciting, anticipating his new songs this time.

I've seen REO many times. I'm sure I have a soft spot for them because they are a hometown band, originally from Champaign, IL, just 30 miles away. I'm proud of them for making it big, and I love going to their shows and knowing every single song. We most recently saw them in June of this year, and I'm sure it won't be our last.

I have to say I'm envious of your concert schedule!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I honestly wasn't sure what to make of the concert before I went. I liked Jackson's music a lot but I kind of like loud bombastic rock n' roll high energy shows and I was afraid of being disappointed. Needless to say, I wasn't. So I guess I now have exceptions for Jackson and the Eagles. The music speaks for itself.....that doesn't mean I don't enjoy AC/DC or Def Leppard shows though or that their music is less entertaining. But I found myself being entertained and my attention kept at both the HOTE show and the JB solo show. Would love to see him with his band.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    SG, I would see Jackson every week if I could! I love him that much!!! We just saw him last month. We are also seeing him in October, in Indy. We will, of course, have purchased and listened to his new album by then. It's all very exciting, anticipating his new songs this time.

I've seen REO many times. I'm sure I have a soft spot for them because they are a hometown band, originally from Champaign, IL, just 30 miles away. I'm proud of them for making it big, and I love going to their shows and knowing every single song. We most recently saw them in June of this year, and I'm sure it won't be our last.

I have to say I'm envious of your concert schedule!
    I would love to see REO again! Last time was in the late 70's! They were just in St. Louis, but it didn't work for us. Hopefully we will get a chance next year. I think I read somewhere that they have toured every year since they started! Amazing! They have tons of great songs!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

We are going to see Jackson with his band in October. We are going both nights. So we'll see the Eagles twice in September and Jackson twice in October. It's so nice to be able to tell people that on this board and know that you people get it and don't think I'm crazy!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Nope you're not crazy SallyGee! You're soooo lucky!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

SG, you are absolutely not crazy! What a great September and October you are going to have-4 of the best ever shows!

I'm very
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

If you wish you can post the dates of the non-Eagles shows in this thread:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=5109

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    We are going to see Jackson with his band in October. We are going both nights. So we'll see the Eagles twice in September and Jackson twice in October. It's so nice to be able to tell people that on this board and know that you people get it and don't think I'm crazy!
    Yes SallyGee you are not crazy and this is a great place with great like minded people
    I am so happy for you

Stuck on the Border

We went to see Joe Bonamassa last night. He is an outstanding blues guitarist & singer. He can play anything. He started with a short acoustic set & then powered his way through some amazing electric stuff, mainly using Les Pauls, although a Strat surfaced at one point.

Austin, if you read this (and you really should see this guy) perhaps you can help me out. At one point he played a steel blue coloured Gibson shaped body with what looked like a Stratocaster head. I looked at a couple of images of him with his guitars & couldn't see anything like this. Would you have an idea what it may be?