Thread: Axl Rose and AC/DC

Default Axl Rose and AC/DC

As a big fan of Guns N Roses I am part of two diffrent boards. I was never a fan of AC/DC but when I heard Axl was joining I started listening to them. I am surprised that all the people trashing him suddenly did a 180 and the shows have recived Crictal Acclaim amongst fans and critics alike. What do you think?

By the way Axl said in a recent interview that the reason his voice did not have the raspiness in 2001-2002 was a conscious effort to make it more clearer on Chinese Democracy but people did not respond well to it.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: Axl Rose and AC/DC

I don't follow either Guns N' Roses or AC/DC very closely, although my interest was certainly piqued when I heard that Axl was going to be their new frontman. I think choosing a new frontman is never going to be anything less than a sensitive issue, but it seems to fit in a weird sort of way and it was perhaps a bit easier for AC/DC than for other bands given that they had already replaced their original frontman after the death of Bon Scott. I think this has the potential to be a good thing for both bands, as I suspect you will probably not be the only G N' R fan who has taken more of an interest in Angus Young and co. after the announcement, giving their fanbase a boost. However, it is also possible that existing AC/DC fans may have a new respect or appreciation for G N' R if they have been impressed by Axl's live performances with their band. I think there are plenty of bands where brining in a high profile member of a different band like this just wouldn't work, but this is one case where I think it is reasonably acceptable.

IIRC at least one Borderer had tickets to one of the original AC/DC shows that was postponed after it was announced that Brian had to stop touring. I think it was NightMistBlue?

Default Re: Axl Rose and AC/DC

I'm a diehard Brian Johnson fan. I respect the Bon Scott era but I prefer the 2nd incarnation of AC/DC. Back In Black is a lifetime favorite record.

Axl is a GOOD singer and I love me some classic GnR. But to see Brian out of the band with ANYBODY in his place just doesn't sit well. I guess the Bon fans felt the same about Brian.