Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Vocal harmony conbination variations

Default Re: Vocal harmony conbination variations

Hi all, always wondered in the great outro to NKIT, is it Don singing "Everybody's Talkin" and then Glenn singing the next line "People Started Walkin"? It begins at 4:42

I thought so for a long time but now doubt myself, they did trade vocals on the outro of Doolin Dalton where they are both kind of humming to the melody as the song is about to fade out. It's moments liek that earend them those grammys for vocal arrangements
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by OntheBorder74 View Post
    Hi all, always wondered in the great outro to NKIT, is it Don singing "Everybody's Talkin" and then Glenn singing the next line "People Started Walkin"? It begins at 4:42

I thought so for a long time but now doubt myself, they did trade vocals on the outro of Doolin Dalton where they are both kind of humming to the melody as the song is about to fade out. It's moments liek that earend them those grammys for vocal arrangements
    As far as I know Glenn sings 'everybody's talkin'/people started walkin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    As far as I know Glenn sings 'everybody's talkin'/people started walkin'.
    I agree, FP.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by OntheBorder74 View Post

I should have answered the second part. They do both hum the melody at the end of Doolin Dalton. After 'he left that peaceful life behind' Don hums & then Glenn does the same. Then Don hums again & I think it's stil him at the very end.

It sounds like Don at the end.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-02-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Thanks FP
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Border Troubadour

Obviously Visions is Felder's only vocal lead, but I was wondering if anyone knew who else did what in it? During the body of the song it sounds like Henley-Felder-Leadon (?) for the main vocals with Glenn and Randy on the high harmony parts afterwards, but I can't really be sure. You can certainly hear Glenn in there though.

Stuck on the Border

From Heaven and Hell:
    At one point in the lyrics, Don and Glenn sing, “Play on, El Chingadero, play on.”
    Does that fit with what you hear?
    I'm hopeless at separating vocals. Do you think they've doubled Don Felder's vocals or is someone singing along with him?

Border Troubadour

That's a good point re: vocal doubling, I'm not sure. The two vocal parts I refer to are, for example: 'Go ahead and life all your fantasies' sung by Felder and another (?), then straight after comes 'Don't you ever think about the other side?' sung much quieter but also much higher, with Glenn clearly in it. The 'play on...' line is deeper so is most likely Henley and Glenn.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    That's a good point re: vocal doubling, I'm not sure. The two vocal parts I refer to are, for example: 'Go ahead and life all your fantasies' sung by Felder and another (?), then straight after comes 'Don't you ever think about the other side?' sung much quieter but also much higher, with Glenn clearly in it. The 'play on...' line is deeper so is most likely Henley and Glenn.
    Glenn is singing both 'go ahead' etc & 'don't you ever think' etc & I assume that the other voice here is Henley because Felder is singing lead.

To me 'play on El Chingadero' sounds like Felder & Randy.