Page 287 of 301 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Don wanted to tell the fans they appreciate all the love they gave to them when Glenn died. They heard them.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    The guys or Don are supposed to be interviewed tonight at a NYC station at 8:00 pm Eastern Time. They will explain why they decided to do the festival. I read that Don was on early this morning.

I really wasn't going to share this since some are not happy with them, but I went ahead since some may be interested.

http://q1043.iheart.com/
    Thank you, shun.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Paraphrasing what was said. I don't know if anybody will care.

Don, Joe, and Timothy are being interviewed. Don and Joe talked first.

Don said they were going to morn for a year and come back the following year to see if they want to do it.

The year came and it was actually Irving who went to them. Timothy, Joe, and Don were still saying no. Irving said their were still a demand from the fans for them to come back in some shape or form to perform. They said will give it try. They did talk to Cindy and she did approve this.

Don said they will NOT replace Glenn and the band will not be the same without Glenn. They will add a few people to the band for the concert, but they didn't say who. Cindy did approve the people. The songs will carry on. They will play the songs. Don said the fans will like who they picked. These are the only shows right now. I'm thinking those people will sing Glenn's songs and Don/Timothy/Joe will do there's.

The show will be a celebration of Glenn's life and the band and he thinks Glenn would approve.
    I wasn't able to listen to this so thank you for the overview. It's good to know that Cindy Frey was consulted and she approves.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

You are super quick Shun, the interview just went off on my radio and you already have it all here. Thanks so much for posting it all because I missed the first part.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks Shun for posting what they said. It makes me feel much better about it.

And you all are welcome about Brad's song. I've listened to it all now and love it. So many relevant things in it and nice tribute to Glenn, Little Jimmy Dickens, and Prince in the lyrics.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

You're welcome. I was mostly paraphrasing and I tried to write down and remember the key points. I thought it was a good interview. I know I probably missed a lot of stuff, but I'm tried to post the important points

Want to add what Joe said too.

Joe was asked what his reaction was when he first heard of this. He said he didn't embrace it at first, but he thought about it for a while and finally agreed along with Don and Timothy to give it a try.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Actually I don't think they were in NYC. The show was called Icons or something like that. So I'm guessing this was a syndication type of show that is played on different stations across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    You are super quick Shun, the interview just went off on my radio and you already have it all here. Thanks so much for posting it all because I missed the first part.
    I listened to the link I posted at 7:00 my time. I didn't know if this show was played on other stations across the US.

I listened to the link I posted at 7:00 my time. I didn't know if this show was played on other stations across the US.
    Ohhh, they played the interview on the radio in the 8:00 hour in the Dallas area.

Shun, when I tried your earlier link, I couldn't find the interview. Is it still up? I'm probably overlooking something obvious!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten