Page 286 of 301 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Just posted this link to a recent news article in the 3.O tour thread.

Twilight of the Rock Gods - originally published in the WSJ

http://us.vocuspr.com/ViewAttachment...ZOryYvI6uCQ%3D

Banned

I've been waiting for an update on the progress of Sheryl Crow's new album. The one Don and Joe, maybe Timothy too are on.

According to this New York Times article by Jon Pareles - March 31, 2017
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/31/a...s&emc=rss&_r=0

Sheryl's next album will be called Be Yourself (due April 21).

She also has a follow-up nearly done: a set of collaborations with friends, mentors and idols including Willie Nelson, Neil Young and members of the Eagles.
    There's a little more about it in the last paragraph.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I enjoyed both articles, thank you Dawn and Funk. The cynic in me is saying regarding Sheryl: well, the move to "go Nashville" didn't work for her, so she's reverting to '90s Sheryl. Good luck to her though, she's very talented.

Twilight of the Rock Gods is a sobering piece. These gentlemen are entering their 70s, most of them. Half - half! - of concert revenues are from these senior bands. What will replace them, tribute bands? Holograms? Nobody knows. It's a shame that the music industry didn't do more to invest in young rock bands back in the 90s, what I think of as the last gasp of rock with the wave of alternative bands led by Nirvana.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Didn't know where to post this but Brad Paisley actually mentions Glenn in a lyric in is new song "Last Time for Everything". It debuted online today and the lyric is "Watching Glenn Frey sing "Already Gone" at the Forum in L.A. There’s a last time for everything.” The full song is out now on Spotify.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Out on the Border

Thanks. I just listened on YouTube!

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Didn't know where to post this but Brad Paisley actually mentions Glenn in a lyric in is new song "Last Time for Everything". It debuted online today and the lyric is "Watching Glenn Frey sing "Already Gone" at the Forum in L.A. There’s a last time for everything.” The full song is out now on Spotify.
    How cool Buffy!! I look forward to listening to it.

The guys or Don are supposed to be interviewed tonight at a NYC station at 8:00 pm Eastern Time. They will explain why they decided to do the festival. I read that Don was on early this morning.

I really wasn't going to share this since some are not happy with them, but I went ahead since some may be interested.

http://q1043.iheart.com/
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-07-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Thanks for sharing that...I'll be interested in hearing what he (or they) have to say.

It was mentioned in Joe's thread that he said during his Facebook live event today regarding the upcoming East/West concerts that they would have some help from friends and thought they could still kick ass.

Paraphrasing what was said. I don't know if anybody will care.

Don, Joe, and Timothy are being interviewed. Don and Joe talked first.

Don said they agreed they wanted to pass the first year of Glenn's death to mourn and see if they wanted to do a year later.

The year came and it was actually Irving who went to them about the festival. When came to them about this, they scratched our heads and they thought it wouldn't be a good idea. If it’s appropriate or not(so basically they were still saying no at this point and thought they still shouldn't get back together). Irving said their were still a demand from the fans for them to come back in some shape or form to perform. They wanted to see them and the other groups that was around during the same time as them to perform at the festival. So they thought about it. Discuss it with Glenn's family and they decided to give it a try. So they did discuss and get approval from Cindy and probably their children since he said Glenn's family.

The interviewer asked if Don if they were still the Eagles without Glenn. Don said we're not the same Eagles People asked who will replace Glenn. He said nobody. Glenn was irreplaceable, but the songs are the same. They will add a couple of new people to the lineup that they know Glenn would approve of, but Don didn't say who. Cindy did approve the people. The songs will carry on but there's no replacing Glenn. The fans want to hear these songs and they want to hear the songs played live by the people who were involved.

The show will be a celebration of Glenn's life and the band and he thinks Glenn would approve.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-07-2017 at 10:07 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Timothy is looking forward to the shows. All of them.

They played Take It Easy and now Already Gone.