Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Randy sightings

Default Re: Recent Randy sightings

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Oh there's no need to apologize surely - what you said was helpful, not offensive. None of the club patrons bothered you, right? We all understand being in a setting where you don't feel entirely comfortable.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I'm a huge Doors fan and it bothers me a bit that I haven't been able to work up the nerve to go inside the Whisky. I felt intimidated about the Troubadour too. I imagined it to be this "hipper than thou" place where the people would be able to spot an awkward rube from out of town. But no!! It was actually friendly and nice. The bench seating reminded me of summer camp.
    Good to know; it was definitely not my intent to put anyone off of visiting the Whisky. And no, no patrons bothered us at all. It was just a lot for this small town, farm girl to take, I'm sure in my younger years it would be different.

I didn't know you where a Doors fan, we did see a few of Jim Morrison's former abodes.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

NMB, you got a fantastic picture of the Hollywood sign! Poor Dreamer drove me all around in January trying to get closer to it and my pic was not near as good as that one! We were at an observatory but can't remember if it was the Griffeth one or not!

ETG, the Troubadour did not have a very savory group performing (jmo!) the night we were there either, but I loved going in and seeing the exact spots where Glenn and Don sat. Just had to buy a t-shirt too. No one bothered us though. And the smell of pot was heavy in the air outside when we left! I also noticed that about not being able to see the Beverly Hills Hotel like we see it on the album cover! Oh well, we saw it!

Anyway, everything I got to see was wonderful! I don't know how many times we went up and down the Sunset Strip! And Dreamer was a fantastic tour guide after the other girls left!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thanks, Brooke!

Griffith Observatory is an awesome place. You've seen the James Dean movie "Rebel Without A Cause," right? That's where they had the knife fight, and the planetarium scene.

Brooke, I am with you on trying to find the right area to get a good picture of the Hollywood sign, you could exhaust a whole tank of gas trying to find the right place. I would have loved to go inside the Troubadour and see everything, I will have to settle on peering through the windows. At least I could see the front portion and the bar stools. I have to say with my nose pressed against the glass there was a heavy odor, but it was not pot.
    We traveled Sunset Strip numerous times as well. I would love to go back with other fans and see LA with a much better tour guide than me, my knowledge is limited compared to other borders.

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    I didn't know you where a Doors fan, we did see a few of Jim Morrison's former abodes.
    On purpose? Are you a Doors fan too? Which of his homes did you see?

I think I've hit them all over the years: Alta Cienega Motel, Chateau Marmont, Jim and Pam's apartment on Norton Avenue, the Sunset Hyatt and the home on Rothdell Trail in Laurel Canyon.

On purpose? Are you a Doors fan too? Which of his homes did you see?

I think I've hit them all over the years: Alta Cienega Motel, Chateau Marmont, Jim and Pam's apartment on Norton Avenue, the Sunset Hyatt and the home on Rothdell Trail in Laurel Canyon.
    Yes, on purpose. I'm a fan, not as much as the Eagles, but still a fan. We saw the Alta Cienega Motel, Chateau Marmont (cool looking place), and what is believed as his last residence in LA, I do not remember the address or name. Spanish looking style, that happens to be for sale at the moment.

Yep, that's the Norton Avenue apartment. I got to stay there overnight when the landlord was renting out the place.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ng-hits-896885

Yep, that's the Norton Avenue apartment. I got to stay there overnight when the landlord was renting out the place.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ng-hits-896885
    Wow, thanks for the link. That's cool that you got to stay there! What was it like on the inside? I did see a sign for tours and a poster of Jim in the window, but we were in a hurry and didn't get to look very much, I did take a couple of pics though.

You can see a bit of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOYc-GraRs8

It was nice! Not spooky or weird, just a lovely 1920s Spanish style home.

Looks really cool and tiny. No poetry or lyrics left behind anywhere, I bet.