Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

Random bits I am remembering of the interview.

- He did say, after he said his parents loved everything he did because he was their son, that he thought it touched a soft spot with them.

- Said he couldn't wait to meet the kids tomorrow & he expects playing with them will be fun.

- He named 2 records Linda Ronstadt did of classics. Someone must have sent a message through one of the social networks, as the host read from somewhere that the listener wanted him to tell Glenn that Linda actually did 3 classical albums & named them. There was a bit more I don't recall.

- I may be telling this in the wrong context, but I think it was during Glenn's "duh" moment which VA mentioned, that he claimed he said something like "gosh" when Jack said "What about After Hours" that the host said "Did you really say that, did you use that word? Do you usually use 'that' word?" Glenn hesitated & told the host that he really tried to because he has kids. It gave me a chuckle.

Maybe VA can fill in more details & correct anything I have remembered incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So, I hate to sound dumb here, but what is an NPR station? I need to find this!
    National Public Radio.

Correction: Maybe VA [B]& WE[B] can fill in more details & correct anything I have remembered incorrectly. I tried to edit my post but I'm on my IPhone & it didn't want to work. Sorry, WE!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Random bits I am remembering of the interview.

- I may be telling this in the wrong context, but I think it was during Glenn's "duh" moment which VA mentioned, that he claimed he said something like "gosh" when Jack said "What about After Hours" that the host said "Did you really say that, did you use that word? Do you usually use 'that' word?" Glenn hesitated & told the host that he really tried to because he has kids. It gave me a chuckle.

Maybe VA can fill in more details & correct anything I have remembered incorrectly.

Yeah, I realized I missed that piece after I posted. I laughed too. I think it was more like he was talking about one of the songs being so good that he had to work hard not to "goof it up," and that's when the interviewer asked if he really used that word and not something else. And yeah, he said something like he tried to stay away from other words because he has kids.

I might have missed the right context too though. Boss-avoidance stinks. I guess I'll just be forced to listen again tonight.

Correction: Maybe VA [b]& WE[b] can fill in more details & correct anything I have remembered incorrectly. I tried to edit my post but I'm on my IPhone & it didn't want to work. Sorry, WE!
    No worries. I knew who you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    Yeah, I realized I missed that piece after I posted. I laughed too. I think it was more like he was talking about one of the songs being so good that he had to work hard not to "goof it up," and that's when the interviewer asked if he really used that word and not something else. And yeah, he said something like he tried to stay away from other words because he has kids.

I might have missed the right context too though. Boss-avoidance stinks. I guess I'll just be forced to listen again tonight.
    Oh what an arduous task!

Well I'm on Glenn overload today and NOT complaining!!

My album hasn't shipped yet but I expect it will shortly. Had a bit of a scare when I awoke this morning to an email from amazon saying my credit card wasn't working (a definate EEEK moment) but it was just that the card had been a changed awhile ago and I had forgotten to change it on Amazon.. Problem solved lol

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Just watched Glenn on Today and that sly dog Ann Curry actually had the nerve to go up to him and hug him! Oh to be Ann! lol

Glenn looked wonderful and sounded great! He did actually say he might get the Eagles to come on the show! Here's hoping! <fingers crossed smilie>

Thanks Va!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Another recollection:

- Said he didn't want to stray too far from the original recordings. He didn't want to make (help me here WE) a 'Glenn Frey version(?)' of the songs. The more contemporary songs were added last (Caroline No & Same Girl), but I think 'After Hours' was last & when he did it he thought that that song title fit the album.

WE you really will have to listen again so I can get my stories straight!

Another recollection:

- Said he didn't want to stray too far from the original recordings. He didn't want to make (help me here WE) a 'Glenn Frey version(?)' of the songs. The more contemporary songs were added last (Caroline No & Same Girl), but I think 'After Hours' was last & when he did it he thought that that song title fit the album.

WE you really will have to listen again so I can get my stories straight!
    That sounds about right, but I did miss some stuff in that timeframe.