Page 117 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

You're welcome, VA.

I was watching some clips on Walden Woods on Facebook today. I think those clips are my first seeing Don being so passionate about Walden Woods. I could read all the articles Don has been interviews for, but seeing with your eyes is powerful.

I'm glad he won that battle 20 something years and continue to do so 25 years later.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

UCR's take on what Don had to say about Mumford & Sons

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-h...cellphone-ban/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Don's really doing the rounds on his cell phone ban - its on Ultimate Classic Rock today

"The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    Don's really doing the rounds on his cell phone ban - its on Ultimate Classic Rock today

Yes, it's what I posted just above this Of course, once UCR gets it, then everyone picks up on it. It's all over the place now! Some of the comments have been interesting to read.
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Yes, it's what I posted just above this Of course, once UCR gets it, then everyone picks up on it. It's all over the place now! Some of the comments have been interesting to read.
    Sorry about that , I checked before I posted but your comment hadn't shown up on my page I was using my phone, ironically enough, to post it and it didn't update, so I can kinda see Don's point about technology there
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    Sorry about that , I checked before I posted but your comment hadn't shown up on my page I was using my phone, ironically enough, to post it and it didn't update, so I can kinda see Don's point about technology there
    I know! Using my phone at work is nearly impossible as the signal is so poor.

I am very addicted to technology, but I don't need to use my phone, tablets, or computer constantly. I just like knowing they're there if I need them. Oh, and technology keeps me employed!
    VK

Mumford and Sons were requiring a crowd of 1700 to check their phones.

The Eagles play for 17,000.

Even if Don wanted to do this for Eagles shows, it would be a logistical nightmare. Forget checking them; there wouldn't be a place they could all be stored, not to mention the lines before and after the show! The venue would have to remain open far longer - what will the unions say about the extra hours required? More pay? Alternatively, sending thousands of people back to their cars would mean that, besides nursing feelings of anger and resentment, you'd have many concert goers noisily coming in late - more even than do so now. Even if the word gets out, you still have 17,000 people being searched individually for phones... You thought it took a long time when they just made women open their purses!

Maybe Don hopes to enforce it at a solo tour where he plays for smaller audiences, but for the Eagles... It's simply unworkable on a practical level, regardless of your thoughts on it in principle.

The Eagles already ban the usage of phones; I'm afraid Don will have to be content with that, although it is annoying to have the security pouncing on people all night. Having them dive across me to threaten an offending phone user does take me out of the moment a bit.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Very true, Soda! Although some venues are getting more and more security conscious. In Raleigh, there were conveyor belts like in airports and overhead scanners. All metal had to go in little bins on the belt, and if you still set off the scanner, you got wanded. Made me wonder what kind of crowds normally frequented the place.
    VK

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I gotta say, Don is really stretching here and I so hope he doesn't seriously think it would be a good idea to totally ban cell phones at Eagles concerts. I am one that has been relatively supportive of the band's no standing and no cell phone policies once they got their act together and quit sending mixed messages. My only complaints have been the couple of incidences when I witnessed over-zealous security guards become more of a distraction than the cell phones themselves or when they made folks turn off cell phones a full hour prior to the start of the show. However, as Soda said, a complete ban would be a logistical nightmare - not to mention a REALLY bad PR move, IMO.

In theory, I agree with Don's statement. I embrace what he is saying. At the Boston show last fall, the girl next to me stayed glued to her phone during the entire show. I found it to be very annoying and rude. I was very tempted to say something to her, but, in the end it was really none of my business. If that's the way she wants to experience the show, whatever. I just think of the many of millions of folks that would have died to have her seat and really enjoy the show.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

I think a technology ban is worth persevering with. If enough acts start to enforce it, it will become socially unacceptable, especially if the band, after a polite but firm warning, leave the stage until transgressors have been dealt with.

All this personal tech stuff is still pretty new. Currently, paying top dollar for iffy seats in huge arenas, audience members "bloated with entitlement", feel they've paid for the privilege of using their tech during concerts.

I hope, people will eventually get the message that sometimes it's appropriate to switch it off and put it away, even if it's likely you'll get away with acting in such a selfish and ignorant manner.