Page 101 of 195 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I'm not a huge Henley fan, but I actually might agree with him on a few things such as if someone is profiting from music that he owns. That being said, I do find him somewhat egotistical and 'fuddy duddy' (for lack of a better term).

But do you know what I find even more appalling? When adults resort to sending horrible and nasty PM's to people because they don't agree with another's views or stances.

Lame.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

If someone sends you a PM that is offensive or is harassing you, please forward it to me so I can deal with it. That's unacceptable.

However, if someone sends you a message that simply pisses you off, please don't bring up such PM feuds with other members in the public threads on the board. They're called "private messages" for a reason. Reply privately or, if it's harassment, report it to me so I can put a stop to it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It wasn't mine to report, but was shown to me so I have NO rights to 'deal with it'.

Sounds like private, nasty messages are encouraged? How about people just NOT send private, nasty messages and instead, discuss and debate topics like civilized adults. I would like to think that I could voice my opinions, no matter how differing, and not be subjected to PM's from others, calling me names and berating my choices. What kind of person does that?

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays
    calling me names and berating my choices. What kind of person does that?
    I do find him somewhat egotistical and 'fuddy duddy'
    I think you answered your own question.

And since you don't seem to be able to understand what sodascouts is saying about not talking about PRIVATE messages publicly, here's an explanation from another site http://voices.yahoo.com/proper-inter...te-222402.html

In case you don't want to click on the link, I'll write it out here, the site says
    'Take Personal Issues Off the Forums.
    Internet forums and message boards are for public discussions which bear relevance to more than a few people. If you have a personal issue with someone else, take it off the forums. If the message board offers a private message function, use it. If not, exchange e-mail addresses and continue the discussion in private.'

Sounds like private, nasty messages are encouraged?
    Hey, I think you may be on to something here, who would have guessed sodascouts wants all her members to fight each other and send nasty PMs to each other, her secret agenda is revealed. Think of all the ways she could benefit from doing that, your accusation makes perfect sense. You're BUSTED sodascouts!
    ~Sara

Woof.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

And moving right along to get back on topic - VA, ITA with this post. You are right on here, IMHO ...

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I wish I took the time and effort to be as passionate about the things I believe in as Don is. I agree with him being OTT sometimes, and I don't always agree with how he goes about it, but I do appreciate his stance. I don't think it's egotistical to stand up for what you believe in, and I don't think it's an ego problem to want others to respect your property. I do disagree with his statements to the effect that the big companies like Google have too much lobbying interests, as others have said, no one has ever been able to top the entertainment industry. Don's problem is that some in his own industry embrace YouTube, others have just given in instead of fighting it. The ones with the real money in the business (not the artists) merely see it as another way to make money for themselves.

At any rate, I totally agree with the 'whiny, entitled' attitude assesment that someone mentioned, of the ones who used the music. Regardless of how you feel about the issue, the sense that people are entitled to something just because they want it and technology makes it possible is not doing anyone any good. I guess when you raise generations of children who think everyone gets a trophy instead of just those who actually win, this is the mentality you're left with. That attitude is in the current workforce, hence the horrible last two days I've had, but that's a topic for a different thread.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Don's passion is certainly commendable when he uses it to help the environment or to champion charities. I of course love it when he infuses his music with passion; that's one reason why I'm such a big fan. As long as that passion is channeled constructively, all is well.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    And moving right along to get back on topic - VA, ITA with this post. You are right on here, IMHO ...
    Thanks, Dreamer! I know that I for one would be bitterly disappointed in Don if he compromised on what's right for the sake of appearing 'cool' to his fans. As I said before, his execution may not always be what we'd like it to be, but I give him a lot of credit for his intent. The right road is seldom the easy road. I've actually been thinking about this quite a bit lately...not this issue per se, but the work and strength it sometimes takes to stand up for what's right, but I guess the details of that belong in the 'life' thread. I will say it's been a rough week.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Yes, I also admire Don when he does what's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    ITA with her post too. I'd quote it again but I don't know how to double quote.
    ~Sara