Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Report Board Glitches and/or Ask about board issues

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Report Board Glitches and/or Ask about board issues

Ok, I think I've got it now! My 'puter at work is now on HFO. Must try this at home, I guess!

Thanks Soda! I know these things are trivial and take time for you to help us with. Sorry about that!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So, you have changed back to the eoc default, red/black one now?

Just checking!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep that's right, Brooke - We're back on the EOC Default style now.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Haven't the Expando songs always been listed in Timothy's song list or am I crazy?...I was just looking for Friday Night and it's not there...so I looked for other songs from Expando and they're not there either...Please someone tell me I'm not nuts!

I recently added Every Night to his lyrics index and probably accidentally uploaded a old one. I hate it when I do stupid stuff like that. So glad you noticed! Thank you!

ETA: Fixed! Thanks again!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I have a quick question about my recent connection problems (I am back at the moment but it may go down again). Soda told me that the problem may be due to too much refreshing. I don't refresh on the PC but on the phone, where I have no choice if I wish to see new threads. So if this occurs again, which seems likely, should I not even try to view it on the phone?!

Stuck on the Border

I have just had a lot of trouble changing my signature in Firefox. I had to do it in IE. Firefox doesn't give the option of cutting the current signature picture (it is greyed out) so I was getting two signatures before I went to IE & deleted the first photo altogether. Surely both browsers should have the same options?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

FP, as for the first, if it works on the phone, then do whatever you want on the phone. As I've said, I really feel this is IP address related, and it started for various members right after it was advertised that a huge hacking scam was found and businesses all over the US began blocking everything on that subnet. It's the only explanation for a single PC to not be able to access at one location and then be transported to another location and work fine.

For the second, I'm not sure what to say. I've had to stop using Firefox on my personal computer for just about everything. There's a whole long list of websites I used to use it on and it no longer works. I've stuck with IE and Chrome for the last six months. They are not good about backwards compatibility and I've exchanged several heated emails with them. Take something like Adobe Flash where I have version x of it and version b of Firefox and it all works fine. Firefox upgrades to version c and Flash stops working. They blame it on Flash, and I had to explain to them that Flash wasn't the thing that changed, and oh by the way, that same version of Flash still works with IE and Chrome. It's happened with several plug-ins, so I stopped using it. Anyway, I don't know what version of IE you're using and it's possible it wouldn't work correctly there without automatically going back to a previous version (the compatibility view). Firefox isn't smart enough to go back and Chrome just works with everything.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Well, unfortunately I have just discovered that when I try to edit a photo from a post, again there is no option to cut the photo, so I suppose I will have to return to IE.

Stuck on the Border

I am still having problems changing my signature in both IE & Firefox. When I try to upload the new image the previous image is being retained. It has been like this for several weeks & as I change my signature every week it's very annoying. When I go to 'edit signature' it shows the new image there as 'current signature' but it doesn't change it. When you try deleting everything & uploading the new image all you get is the URL.

This is when I try to upload an image from my computer. I suppose I should try uploading a Photobucket image.

ETA: I got it to work eventually by dragging the image from the current signature area to the blank area. It shouldn't be this much trouble. And why it isn't showing in this particular post when it's now there, I don't know.
    Last edited by Freypower; 12-22-2013 at 05:40 PM.