Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Masterpieces" inspired by Eagles

Default Re: "Masterpieces" inspired by Eagles

Dreamer, that is a really beautiful piece! And GAN, I'll look forward to seeing your framed things, too!

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Wellllll, since this thread is here, and I'm here, I'll go ahead and post this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRKDQTD

It's my first published book, and the hero bears a striking resemblance to someone we call Sugar here on the board! (You all know me. You KNOW who it is!) Obviously, we're not talking exact copy as far as personality and all are concerned, but a couple of folks on this board have read it in an earlier incarnation on fictionPress and liked it.

I will not pester anyone with it. I'll only say you get a LOT of reading time for your money! And there's a "Look inside" feature so you can preview it and see if you like it.

My website is also on my profile, now. Take a look, if you like.
    Just ordered your book! Don't have a clue where my Kindle is, so I got the paper back version. I may have to send it to you to have you autograph it! I just skimmed through it but loved some of the obvious Eagles references..."no weirdos.." and their first hit, "Take the Morning." I think I will read it with a yellow highlighter in my hand to mark all of the references to the Eagles. I don't want to ruin my reading experience, but does the word "Sugar" make an appearence in the story? No, don't tell me... I'll just hunt for it.

One more question, Pippin... Is your author name a pseudonym? Please tell me that it is... I couldn't bear the thought that your name isn't actually Pippinwhite!

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    Just ordered your book! Don't have a clue where my Kindle is, so I got the paper back version. I may have to send it to you to have you autograph it! I just skimmed through it but loved some of the obvious Eagles references..."no weirdos.." and their first hit, "Take the Morning." I think I will read it with a yellow highlighter in my hand to mark all of the references to the Eagles. I don't want to ruin my reading experience, but does the word "Sugar" make an appearence in the story? No, don't tell me... I'll just hunt for it.

One more question, Pippin... Is your author name a pseudonym? Please tell me that it is... I couldn't bear the thought that your name isn't actually Pippinwhite!
    Ha! I can answer your questions, but I won't... 'Cause I'm just mean that way. But My My, you cracked me up with this: "I couldn't bear the thought that your name isn't actually Pippinwhite!" Made me laugh, because I know what Pippinwhite refers to. (And I keep trying to figure out what my name here would be if I used the same criteria.) But, I will allow Pippinwhite to answer.

I think y'all will like the novel. It's kinda tailored to this audience. I've read it completely through at least twice. (The last time I was reading it for a purpose.) But parts of it more than that.

BUT, My My if you get your autographed copy before I get mine... huh uh!

takeiteasy, I would love to read your stories, too!

And I would still love to read FP's story about The Vultures.

And that framed album is awesome, Dreamer! I did check out the other memorabilia thread you posted. Cost me money, though, because I ended up buying a couple of magnets (yes! those magnets are still available on eBay!)

@MyMy --THANK YOU! I really hope you enjoy the book. There are a few Eagles references, but it's not chock-full, by any means. LOL. And you'd have to be a fan to get most of them. "Take the Morning" is actually a song title I've had rattling around in my head for years. Just never really had a chance to flesh it out. I'd say if you've ever had a crush on a music man, this one is for you.

As for the author name, that's definitely a pseudonym! That's my paternal great-great grandmother's maiden name. My forum name is in honor of my large, solid white cat named Pippin. He's a hoot.

However, if anyone else would like to take a look (and you don't have a Kindle), please go to my website. You can read a preview there and order the eBook from several other outlets: https://evelineknight.com/

I really do appreciate the support! As I've said, I really don't want to pester people, but since this thread came up, I thought I'd mention it in the open forum. Pouncing on people with a book pitch sounds a little too much like I'm selling a Ponzi scheme or would like to hand you a tract instead of just leaving it on your windshield at Walmart! LOLOLOLOL.

Post Re: "Masterpieces" inspired by Eagles

Wellllll, since this thread is here, and I'm here, I'll go ahead and post this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRKDQTD

It's my first published book, and the hero bears a striking resemblance to someone we call Sugar here on the board! (You all know me. You KNOW who it is!) Obviously, we're not talking exact copy as far as personality and all are concerned, but a couple of folks on this board have read it in an earlier incarnation on fictionPress and liked it.

I will not pester anyone with it. I'll only say you get a LOT of reading time for your money! And there's a "Look inside" feature so you can preview it and see if you like it.

My website is also on my profile, now. Take a look, if you like.
    Well, Pippin, I just finished your book over the weekend, it is fantastic, I loved it!! I have to say I started reading a bit slower towards the end because I did not want the story to end.

Being a southern gal myself, I really enjoyed all your references. Picturing Sugar through out the book was soo easy; of course I just fell in love with him..
    Are you by chance writing a sequel to it, please? Or do you have any other books out there? I would love to read them as well.

@ETG -- Thank you, thank you for all your kind words! I really do appreciate them! I do have something else online that I'll probably be editing shortly, and am working on another magnum opus with a fellow Borderer. I'd like to think it will be finished by the first of the year!

Sequel? Oh mercy. Probably. I just haven't really sat down to think about a sequel yet. I may take a writing break over Christmas and see what shakes out.

In the meantime, if it's not too much trouble, would you pop over to Goodreads, and the outlet where you got the book and post a review? That helps sales and rankings so much! Doesn't have to be a long tome -- just a couple of sentences will be fine. I would so greatly appreciate it.

Thank you again for reading and for letting me know you liked it! Hugs!

That's great, Pippin! I cannot wait to read them, please keep me informed.

Of course I will leave a review. Again, thanks so much for the great read. Hugs right back!

...am working on another magnum opus with a fellow Borderer. I'd like to think it will be finished by the first of the year!
    So would I.

Pippin, I ordered a copy for my nook. Can't wait to check it out.

@LGG -- Thank you so much! Hope you enjoy it! Hugs!