Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 3E Parties

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    About the 3E parties...I find it strange that none of these girls want to talk about their experiences. There are plenty of stories about sexual exploits of other bands of the era, but very little about the eagles.

Groupie - I know right ! Not a single 3e party story out there for us to read about !

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Why Glenn Frey is my Idol

Good story OtB74!

I fell in love with Glenn at my first EAGLES concert, November 6 1976. It was his birthday and Glenn was gorgeous looking and so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Good story OtB74!

I fell in love with Glenn at my first EAGLES concert, November 6 1976. It was his birthday and Glenn was gorgeous looking and so funny!
    Would you happen to know if that’s the same concert of the Houston bootleg? I remember JD Souther telling the crowd that it was Glenn’s birthday and he was playfully acting all mad, before they played best of my love. It was in Houston. If so that’s pretty cool

Yes, it was YEF though I didn't hear about the bootleg until about 6 or 7 years ago.

I was sitting in the 3rd row right in front of Joe Walsh. I remember that I could not believe that they had added Joe to the lineup. I was of the belief that he was going to ruin their sound. But boy was I wrong! By the time the concert was over I thought that was the best addition they could have made. Joe was fantastic!!!

Wow what a cool memory, that is so awesome you got to see the band then. I could totally see being worried about the addition of Joe Walsh to the band but it totally worked out great!

That is awesome, Houston Baby!!! Were you part of the Third Encore, by any chance?

Well........
    As a young 23 year old Southern girl who had heard about the infamous EAGLES' partying, I decided it best not to accept. However I did tuck a certain souvenir in my jeans pocket.

I know 20/20 hindsight!

Well........
    As a young 23 year old Southern girl who had heard about the infamous EAGLES' partying, I decided it best not to accept. However I did tuck a certain souvenir in my jeans pocket.

I know 20/20 hindsight!
    Omg, Houston Baby! Do you still have it??
    Last edited by groupie2686; 01-13-2018 at 11:50 PM.

Well........

I know 20/20 hindsight!
    That's so cool, HB!!

That would be a hard decision to make, I'm sure. I might have had to go, just to see what all the fuss was about.
    I'm curious too, do you still have it?
    Last edited by East Texas Girl; 01-15-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Surprisingly after 40 years, yes.
    After my parents passed away a few years ago, I was cleaning out their house & found some boxes of my stuff in a closet. Boxes of dolls, board games, LPs, my scrapbook, yearbooks & a box of concert ticket stubs. In the box was the 3E pin. I remembered getting the pin, but assumed it was lost. It was a wonderful surprise & God bless my mom for never throwing anything out.