Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3E Parties

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: The One & Only

Pippin - Very cool you got to interview Tim Mc Graw. While I am not a fan of most Country music I always thought he was cute.
    I know from various Eagles FB fan sites that they played in both Mobile and Birmingham. I am lucky to live in the NY/NJ metro area as there are not too many groups who do not come here. Unfortunately, I could not afford or had the time to see most of them.

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    LOL on someone finally admitting to being at a 3rd Encore party. Heheh. If I'd ever been, I'd probably admit it, though. If they were like other after show parties I've heard about from reliable sources, it was mostly a bunch of people milling around, going from hotel room to hotel room, drinking a lot of beer and smoking pot. There were always people who came just because someone invited them. They'd have a beer and leave in a couple of hours, not much worse for wear. The stories are almost always better than the actual event. LOLOLOL. Although some are true.
    Given how large the 3E parties were I always wondered whether they rented a suite and whether they required participants to sign confidentialty agreements and provide proof of age? IIRC in the HOTE documentary they interviewed one girl who didn't sound all that thrilled /impressed with the opportunity to party with the Eagles lol

@Dawn. LOLOLOL. Yeah, she turned up her nose and said one of "them" smelled like beer, so she wasn't interested. It was pretty funny.

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - I laughed when I saw that scene !

Dawn - Don F.'s book said they would rent a suite where they held the parties. They had catered food, beer in the bath tub and, I'm sure various drugs for those who wished to indulge. I don't know what they did before they got famous and had the money to do that. That scene was at a frat type house after the concert at the college. I would not be surprised if they carded the kids. But, then you always have fake DL's and ID's.

I don't know if any of you ever listen to "Something Good" on Saturday afternoons on Sirius 60s on 6, but it's a lot of fun. Peter Noone from Herman's Hermits hosts it and he tells a lot of funny stories about life on the road during the 60s, and also discusses parties and that kind of thing. He said the guys in Zeppelin used to have the roadies card all the girls before they got back to the parties. They'd also write the names down of "promising" candidates and make a note of whether they were legal or not, to avoid complications. Lordy.

And as for the "smells like beer" comment, yeah, that made me LOL, too. However, if we were discussing Sugar, a couple of peppermint LifeSavers covers a multitude of sins...

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - lol ! I'm not sure who that girl was talking about either. But, Bernie was still in the band and they had that scene with Dan F. making out with a girl.

Interesting that no one has ever come forward to give an interview about those parties. Even if they signed a conf. agreement I can't imagine it holding up 40 -45 years later. But, I'm not an attorney. Like some of us have said before, oh to have been a fly on the wall there.

You know, I doubt any of the girls signed anything, just because that kind of thing was not common in the 70s. If they did, they were in the minority of bands. I suspect we're just not talking to the right people. LOLOLOL.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    The screencap from the 1977 interview reminds me of how young Glenn looked in that part. He doesn't look like a 28-year-old.
    That's one (of many many things) I love about Glenn, he always looked younger than his age and had an innocent, boyish look to him (even if he wasn't innocent ).

About the 3E parties...I find it strange that none of these girls want to talk about their experiences. There are plenty of stories about sexual exploits of other bands of the era, but very little about the eagles.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that boyish face, blue eyes, and killer grin probably got him out of no telling how many scrapes over the years. I mean, if I had him in a high school class and he turned that grin on me, it would have been a struggle to tell him to write that extra essay because he was running his mouth in class, or reading a guitar or car magazine, or didn't do his homework.

Or as the hotel manager looking at a classic case of "room trash" and he gets the puppy dog look. "Please, let us go. Don't call the cops."

"OK. Go on."

LOLOL. I'd be a lost cause.

Totally agree Pippin, I wouldn't stand a chance, LOL.