Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eagles greatest hits volume 1 ranked

Default Eagles greatest hits volume 1 ranked

Obvioulsy the first greatest hits album was one of the best selling albums of all time but how would you rank the songs on the album? Since the songs are all hits its a good debate but it also lacks the song most would consider the best.
    My personal list would be

1. Take It Easy
    2. One Of These Nights
    3. Desperado
    4. Best Of My Love
    5. Take It To The Limit
    6. Already Gone
    7. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    8. Lyin Eyes
    9. Witchy Woman
    10. Tequila Sunrise

Ranking those songs absolutely kills me and i'm not sure i like that list 100% but i think its an interesting debate

Default Re: Eagles greatest hits volume 1 ranked

[QUOTE=YoungEaglesFan;363511]Obvioulsy the first greatest hits album was one of the best selling albums of all time but how would you rank the songs on the album? Since the songs are all hits its a good debate but it also lacks the song most would consider the best.

To me the best will always be Desperado.

The one "most" would consider the best wasn't recorded yet when Their Greatest Hits was released.

Stuck on the Border

1. Lyin' Eyes
    2. Take It Easy
    3. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    4. Tequila Sunrise
    5. Witchy Woman
    6. Already Gone
    7. One Of These Nights
    8. Desperado
    9. Take It To The Limit
    10. Best Of My Love

But I don't listen to this, so I'm indifferent to it. A proper best of has to encompass their entire career, not just this.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    1. Lyin' Eyes
    2. Take It Easy
    3. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    4. Tequila Sunrise
    5. Witchy Woman
    6. Already Gone
    7. One Of These Nights
    8. Desperado
    9. Take It To The Limit
    10. Best Of My Love

But I don't listen to this, so I'm indifferent to it. A proper best of has to encompass their entire career, not just this.
    Yeah i get that. I just found this album to be more close in terms of the songs. The second greatest hits album was very top heavy in my opinion and i tried avoiding the same "which Eagles songs are the best" conversation, though i am that you put lyin eyes at one

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Yeah i get that. I just found this album to be more close in terms of the songs. The second greatest hits album was very top heavy in my opinion and i tried avoiding the same "which Eagles songs are the best" conversation, though i am that you put lyin eyes at one
    I placed Lyin' Eyes at 1 because it is my favourite of these songs.This is is my opinion which I do not expect anyone to agree with.

As for Greatest Hits 2 it is possibly the most unnecessary & cheap compilation every released by a major band, to the point of the tacky artwork & the inclusion of a non-hit (After The Thrill Is Gone).

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I placed Lyin' Eyes at 1 because it is my favourite of these songs.This is is my opinion which I do not expect anyone to agree with.

As for Greatest Hits 2 it is possibly the most unnecessary & cheap compilation every released by a major band, to the point of the tacky artwork & the inclusion of a non-hit (After The Thrill Is Gone).
    I totally agree about the second greatest hits. The artwork is just a poor choice to me and it enough material to make it work. Lyin eyes is a good song to me but it gets kinda slow to me. I do like the lyrics though. That was probably the best work he did in terms of lyrics

Well, if you take GHV1 as kind of the level ground, I can see where you're coming from.

GHV2 doesn't surprise me. By that time, no one had the inclination to come up with a better package. Kind of like "Let It Be" from The Beatles. They weren't interested in the record, and you can tell by what they let Phil Spector do to it. LOL. (But I love After the Thrill is Gone. There are some awesome lyrics in that song.)

Having said that, GHV1 does hit most of my favorites. I'd rank them thusly:

1. Take It To The Limit (my favorite Eagles song.)
    2. Already Gone
    3. Lyin' Eyes
    4. Tequila Sunrise
    5. Desperado
    6. Take It Easy
    7. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    8. One Of These Nights
    9. Best Of My Love
    10. Witchy Woman

I'd say it's closer to a top three for me, and then the others kind of switch places, depending on my mood and other, external factors. But they're all great songs, IMHO.

Interesting topic, though!

1. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    2. Take It Easy
    3. Best of My Love
    4. One of These Nights
    5. Take It to the Limit
    6. Already Gone
    7. Lyin' Eyes
    8. Desperado
    9. Tequila Sunrise
    10. Witchy Woman

Stuck on the Border

Hmmmm..... I am going to have to think about this. This album has so many great songs. It is no wonder it is the best selling album of the 20th Century in America. Love everyone's lists.

Stuck on the Border

Well, here is mine. In all truth, outside of my top three I had a hard time deciding. Out of all of these I think AG has aged the most but still love it.

1.) Take It Easy
    2.) Lying Eyes
    3.) Desperado
    4. ) One Of These Nights
    5.) Best Of My Love
    6.) Take It to the Limit
    7.) Peaceful Easy Feeling
    8.) Tequila Sunrise
    9.) Witchy Woman
    10.) Already Gone.