Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mediamass and their outrageous articles

Default Mediamass and their outrageous articles

We've all see the crap that Mediamass deems appropriate to put out there and fortunately we all know what a total crock their 'breaking news' is. I came across this one a few minutes ago -- best laugh I've had in days.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/timot...hest-paid.html

I had tears rolling down my face as I read this paragraph:
    The American musician has an estimated net worth of $275 million. He owes his fortune to smart stock investments, substantial property holdings, lucrative endorsement deals with CoverGirl cosmetics. He also owns several restaurants (the “Fat Schmit Burger” chain) in Washington, a Football Team (the “Oakland Angels”), has launched his own brand of Vodka (Pure Wonderschmit - US), and is tackling the juniors market with a top-selling perfume (With Love from Timothy B.) and a fashion line called “Timothy B. Schmit Seduction”.
    An endorsement deal with CoverGirl? Fat Schmit Burger? Perfume and a clothing line? What do these people smoke when they stay up all night dreaming up this crap?
    I just need a little downtime.........

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Mediamass and their outrageous articles

Yeah - this is more of their usual - I'm sure they think it's amusing, but, to me, it's just a bunch of crock.

BTW cynd - I moved this to Timothy's forum since it is just about him.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

. I nearly spat out my Dr. Pepper when I read this! Wouldn't the vodka thing be more appropriate from Glenn since, from what I read in the Pebble Beach threads, he's fond of screwdrivers? (Vodka and orange juice).

Timothy B Schmit Seduction? OMG
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I've seen this type of article for Randy a few yrs. back I believe his net worth was estimated at 570 million. I agree the people writing these articles are truly smoking something.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Banned

I fell for one a while back.... 'Eagles Don Henley is to be a father again'. I've seen the 'Joe Walsh is dead' headline dozens of times.

They write imaginary stuff to catch news seekers and slip in the 'Update, This story seems to be false' disclaimer by the article.

It's morally reprehensible but guarantees them a lot of hits.

I also seen their story about Timothy's dog a long time ago, and more recently I think it was Don's dog. Those people need to get a life if the best they can do is make up this garbage.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Just be careful, peeps. Headlines like this are usually meant to get people to click on them, and while they read them, malware gets downloaded to the computer. Make sure your OS updates are current, and make sure you have a trustworthy anti virus software. Lastly, ensure you have malware detectors as well, like MalwareBytes. It doesn't hurt to have two of them.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

These are so ridiculous! It's like they sit and think, "Hmmmm, I wonder just how crazy an idea I can come up with, and how many people will believe it?" It's almost like satire ( a lot of people believe what they read on the Onion until someone lets them in on the fact that they are a satire site. )

That being said, it was pretty funny - I think his clothing line was the best - Timothy B Schmit Seduction!

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Here they are discussing a new Eagles album and tour in 2017. Perhaps it could be titled "And pigs might fly."

http://en.mediamass.net/people/the-e...new-album.html

Warnings about clicking and malware may be worth worrying about. (I'm on a mac and relatively safe).

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney