Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: George Harrison

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default Re: George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey View Post
    SAR, I totally understand. I was 4 when John was taken. Two of my biggest heroes passed away before I knew who they were: Elvis in 1977 and John in 1980. They're leaving us one by one - it makes me very sad.
    yes maam. that is the point exactly. everyone we grew up with musically is gone. I know there are people here that is older than us and was lucky enough to be around and know who John was and Glenn... way before us young ones did. Like I finally know who these people are and how much of an impact they had on people's lives. And they are gone. it really wakes me up on how much life is precious and very short

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I was born 6 years after John passed so I never knew a time when he was alive. That always saddened me and made John so much more mysterious to me, same as Elvis. George was always my fav Beatle with Paul a close 2nd, but I really became a fan of John as a teenager. Of course always loved Ringo too. LOL
    Ringo looks so awesome now and he was the main one who had health issues... I'm proud of him lol

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    yes maam. that is the point exactly. everyone we grew up with musically is gone. I know there are people here that is older than us and was lucky enough to be around and know who John was and Glenn... way before us young ones did. Like I finally know who these people are and how much of an impact they had on people's lives. And they are gone. it really wakes me up on how much life is precious and very short
    Indeed, SAR, indeed. I've made a decision, at just 7 months short of turning 40, to become a full-time musician. I've sort of been forced into it because of my work circumstances, but I feel that if I don't do something about it now, I'm going to lose my chance. At least my partner and I are in this thing together. We only have one chance at this life. We have to do it right. Glenn was the poster boy for taking his opportunities.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I loved watching "George Fest" last night!!! Dhani did such a great job getting all those musicians together. I was surreal hearing Dhani sing so many of his dad's songs. I also loved hearing Brian Wilson, Al Jardine, and others sing "My Sweet Lord", Norah Jones sing "Something", Brandon Flowers from The Killers sing "Got my Mind Set on You", and so many other performances by Ben Harper, Ann Wilson, the lead singer of Spoon, Cold War Kids, and many other musicians I recognized. Even Conan O'Brien, who is a guitarist and singer, and Weird Al performed. I also loved everyone singing the Traveling Wilburys' song "Handle Me with Care" at the end, and how they intermixed interview segments with how George inspired all these other musicians and bringing up his spiritual side to his songs, and how he's one of the best slide guitarists. Just so well done and loved it. It's reairing today and is out on DVD now too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

The song is Handle with care.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey View Post
    Indeed, SAR, indeed. I've made a decision, at just 7 months short of turning 40, to become a full-time musician. I've sort of been forced into it because of my work circumstances, but I feel that if I don't do something about it now, I'm going to lose my chance. At least my partner and I are in this thing together. We only have one chance at this life. We have to do it right. Glenn was the poster boy for taking his opportunities.
    absolutely. hey I even attempted to learn guitar. it's like ok I love all these people and the music why don't I try and learn it? very slow work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I loved watching "George Fest" last night!!! Dhani did such a great job getting all those musicians together. I was surreal hearing Dhani sing so many of his dad's songs. I also loved hearing Brian Wilson, Al Jardine, and others sing "My Sweet Lord", Norah Jones sing "Something", Brandon Flowers from The Killers sing "Got my Mind Set on You", and so many other performances by Ben Harper, Ann Wilson, the lead singer of Spoon, Cold War Kids, and many other musicians I recognized. Even Conan O'Brien, who is a guitarist and singer, and Weird Al performed. I also loved everyone singing the Traveling Wilburys' song "Handle Me with Care" at the end, and how they intermixed interview segments with how George inspired all these other musicians and bringing up his spiritual side to his songs, and how he's one of the best slide guitarists. Just so well done and loved it. It's reairing today and is out on DVD now too.
    and I missed it? dammit

Stuck on the Border

For obvious reasons, I was thinking about the children of rock/pop stars who followed their parent into the music business and I found a good interview with Dhani Harrison. He has such a good attititude.

If you are a family butcher, serving customers since 1870, no one goes, 'Oh, I’m not sure if their steak is as good as their dad’s’,” says Dhani Harrison.
    He is well aware that being heir to George Harrison’s $200 million estate confers advantages: “If I was trying to make money at this, I’d have probably given up a long time ago.” The goal, he says, is “to have a good time being a musician. I like to learn as much as possible from my friends and people I work with, to push myself forward and master things and experiment. It’s not a competition. People make a big deal about my dad, and musically he is a big deal, but that’s their issue, not my issue. I’ve been OK with it my whole life because he was my dad, so I’m getting on with it.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...-he-plays.html

Stuck on the Border

He certainly sounds together with the right attitude. Good for him.