Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Barnstorm Reunion?

Default Re: Another Barnstorm Reunion?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Actually the Joe Vitale post that said "Soon......Coming to a town near you !!!" came after Mark Lane's post about Joe waiting to see if there's interest. In other words, Joe Vitale, the drummer of Barnstorm, is saying it's on. That's a pretty reliable source.
    Absolutely! But that implies there will be a tour, and while I'm not saying that couldn't happen, it would surprise me. Joe Walsh would have to squeeze it in between Eagles legs. Mark Lane had only spoken to Joe about a one-off and he's said nothing about a tour. It made me wonder if Joe V was getting a bit ahead of himself. I guess we'll see!

ETA: I figured - why not ask the source? I posted a direct question as a comment on Joe V's post, asking if Joe Walsh has committed to a time period to tour or any dates. We'll see if Joe V replies.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The whole thing surprises me really. I'm not being a smart ass but isn't Joe tired? Geez, he works hard. I found it difficult to believe he'd practice up a band for a one nighter. Tho, I'd be even more shocked if he found the time to tour after the one nighter. I'm really in a state of shock. It's not like Barnstorm is a known name to anyone but us hardcore fans.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

I think he might be doing it as a favor to his friends. Certainly there's not much profit in it for him otherwise. That's why even a one-off would be worth the effort, if it's simply a chance to jam with his old buddies. I could also see them doing a few shows close together, but mounting a tour and all of its accompanying logistical issues... that's another story.

As for Joe getting tired, you'd think so, but then again last year when he was on break from the Eagles, he decided to tour as a guest of Bob Seger!

So we wait...

No reply to my question on FB.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I was thinking about last year! I'm tired just watching him do his thing. Yes, we wait.

Banned

It's wonderful that Joe's always up to something and I can't think of anything better than a Barnstorm reunion. They must be a helluva lot more popular now than when they were operational. I think they were too closely stuck with The James Gang.

This is a kinda piece of Dan Fogelberg news.

Dan Fogelberg, Joe Walsh and Barnstorm and Caribou Ranch are all to be inducted into the Colorado Music Hall Of Fame. It's just a matter of when.

March/April 2015, after the Eagles have returned from their tour Down Under, has been penciled in but there is a hold up.

The Colorado Music Hall of Fame has decided to wait for the tribute CD to be completed before inducting Dan. We have one very busy, but important, group that needs to finish their vocals before that can happen. All we can do is wait - we all, Sony included, feel they are worth waiting for. The CMHF will then find out when Joe Walsh will be able to attend. Right now, they are hoping for @March/April 2015. Inductees will include Dan, Joe Walsh and Barnstorm, and Caribou Ranch.
    A Dan Fogelberg tribute album is something that Joe, maybe even the Eagles, could also be a part of. Joe first worked with the Don, Glenn and Randy, not forgetting Irving of course, on Dan's Souvenir album. That's how they saw Joe as a possible fit for the Eagles. If it's the Eagles they're waiting for though, it could be a mighty long wait.

Never-the-less, definitely something mega to look forward to next year.

Yes Funk 50! We already have a thread for that:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=5114

Banned

Sorry MV, I couldn't find it. I find these endless awards things pretty tiresome but I'm delighted about the Fogelberg tribute album and of course, any possibility of a Barnstorm reunion. I've only ever heard Joe perform Turn To Stone and Mother Says from my favourite Walsh album... oh and that guitar bit from Here We Go.

Banned

Well March/April 2015 has almost gone and there have been no further updates from The Colorado Music Hall Of Fame, to my knowledge.

Dan Fogelberg's Tribute Album is still unreleased.

http://www.danfogelberg.com/
    A tribute CD featuring legendary and soon-to-be-legendary recording artists is underway to honor Dan. Each artist will record the Dan Fogelberg song of their choosing. Produced by Dan's long-time associates and friends Norbert Putnam, Irving Azoff, Chuck Morris, and Dan's wife Jean Fogelberg, the CD will be distributed and promoted by Sony Legacy Recordings. All profits will go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation to develop new, more precise testing. No date of completion yet, there are many artist schedules to work around, but it's coming together!
    We are still waiting for the date, Dan Fogelberg, Joe Walsh & Barnstorm and Caribou Ranch will be inducted into the Colorado MHoF.

In the meantime, here is an interview by Trace Keane, for the Tommy Bolin Archives, with Barnstorm's 2nd Keyboard player Tommy Stephenson.

http://www.tbolin.com/interviews/stephenson_022611.html

If Barnstorm do reunite, I'm not sure if Tommy will be involved. I hope he is but I detect a hint of animosity between Tommy and Joe. Tommy was definitely there in Joe's pre-Eagles career but I wouldn't advocate him as a credible witness. There are definite inaccuracies in his answers. Nice pic of Barnstorm though.

Tommy didn't write anything with Barnstorm but I quite like the music he's posted on his website. http://www.reverbnation.com/tommystephenson

It's a bit like instrumental Genesis.

Banned

At last! It's on !

http://kdvr.com/2017/06/05/garth-bro...ver-in-august/

Dan Fogelberg, Joe Walsh & Barnstorm and Caribou Ranch will be inducted into the Colorado Music Hall of Fame on Sunday, Aug.13 at 7 p.m.

“The Rocky Mountain Way” celebration will include performances by Garth Brooks, Amy Grant & Vince Gill, the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Randy Owen of Alabama, Big Head Todd & the Monsters, Richie Furay, Michael Martin Murphey, as well as additional surprise guests, organizers stated.

Joe Walsh & Barnstorm will also reunite for a special performance

AFAIK, Walsh and Henley are both on Irving's Fogelberg tribute album. I was hoping that the entire Eagles band would be on it

Walsh, Vitale and Passarelli constitute Barnstorm. I think Rocke Grace and Tom Stephenson may feel snubbed if they're not invited.

Long time coming. Big Head Todd & the Monsters? There's a blast from the past.

What is this Dan Fogelberg tribute album? I must have missed something.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...