Page 89 of 148 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Happy belated birthday to Christine!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Same here. I'm so grateful she re-joined the band and I got to see her.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Happy belated birthday to Christine! It's great that she rejoined the band to restore the complete Rumours line up.

Also, happy anniversary to the 'White album' - it's my second favourite Fleetwood Mac record. I was listening to it last week and enjoyed it immensely. I think Stevie's songs are particularly great, with all three of her writing credits being classics although Lindsey and Christine also have great tracks on there.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

This 2012 interview with Lindsey goes into the reasons why Christine initially left the band - it was part of a radical life change: http://kool.cbslocal.com/2012/12/04/...es-as-she-did/

Poor C. Her memoir would be very interesting, but she's probably far too private.

Mirage Deluxe came out today (9/23). I wouldn't mind paying $20 for it on iTunes, but I like having CDs for the pictures and liner notes. Amazon has it for $20, but it's missing the Live tracks. I just don't want to drop $60-80 for 3 CDs, an LP, and an audio-only DVD just to get the 3 discs that I would want. This is just how I feel at the moment, so I might change my mind eventually.

I enjoy Book of Love, Oh Diane, Gypsy, and Hold Me the most on the album, BTW. I know that the 1st two aren't Lindsey's best songs, but I like Lindsey's songs the most in general so there's that.

Very cool! I so appreciate when artists release archival material that allows their fans to see into their creative process.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

RCF, I used to be in with you in liking Lindsey's songs best. I remember when I first got the 2 CD edition of The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac for Christmas 5-6 years ago, which I played the heck out of for at least the next six months, I used to play his songs over and over - The Chain (my favourite), Go Your Own Way, Monday Morning, Never Going Back Again, What Makes You Think You're The One... It was the same when I got my first iPod the following year, I was playing Lindsey's songs the most. I think it started to change when I listened to Tusk and the album version of Rhiannon (I'd previously only heard the single version) and Stevie's songs gradually started to catch his up. I still love his songs, but I like Stevie's best now. I think pretty much every one of her songs from the self-titled album through Rumours and Tusk is great.

With Mirage, my favourite song by a mile is Gypsy, which is one of their greatest songs. One thing that was a bit of a shame with FM's 1980s albums is that I get the sense that Stevie was saving her best material for her solo career (which was absolutely fine, she needed to show she could make it on her own and had a lot more to prove in that arena) and therefore she had fewer songs and they weren't as good as on the earlier records. I've not heard the rest of the album for quite a while, although I'm quite fond of Wish You Were Here, I like the blend of Christine's piano with Lindsey's national steel guitar.

(I think you can probably tell I've become a bit of a Stevie fanboy over the last few years! )

It's always funny for me when I talk Fleetwood Mac because I go back much further with them than with virtually all of the other artists I love. With most of my favourites, Eagles included, it currently only goes back three or four years at most, whereas I can vividly remember listening to them when my age was still in single figures.

Jonny, are you a musician yourself? Just ignore if that's too personal. You definitely have the passion and the ear, as they say.

OT: Someone can tell me outright if I'm being a dork, but this is one of my favorite album covers. There's something cinematic about it, and the musicians have an energy between them that's nearly visible.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Jonny, are you a musician yourself? Just ignore if that's too personal. You definitely have the passion and the ear, as they say.

OT: Someone can tell me outright if I'm being a dork, but this is one of my favorite album covers. There's something cinematic about it, and the musicians have an energy between them that's nearly visible.

NMB, you have a way with words. I love your description of the album cover.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I totally agree about the cover NMB!!! When I was little I remember wondering what it was representing as even then I sensed a story behind it or making a story out of it, as my Mom had this on cassette. Totally a sign I was going to be a writer. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."