Page 101 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Fleetwood Mac will be the MusiCares Person of the Year next year. Soda. Are you going to go?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...719-story.html

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

"Ticket prices have not yet been announced for the 2018 MusiCares event. Tickets for this year’s edition honoring Petty started at $1,760 apiece."

It would be fun to go and see them get honored.

But not $1760 worth of fun!!

Congrats to them, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It would be fun to go and see them get honored.

But not $1760 worth of fun!!

Congrats to them, though!
    I figured you would go, Soda! Didn't you go to Don's?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I figured you would go, Soda! Didn't you go to Don's?
    No - in fact, that very weekend, I was at Pebble Beach!

But even then, the money would have prevented me. Big bucks, my friend!

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Lindsey is planning a new solo album? Great1

Had a great time seeing Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie tonight. The Park Theater in Las Vegas is quite nice, and the sound is pretty decent. My audio recording sounds much better there than it did for Don H at the Greek Theater last year. This was my first indoor concert, so the difference was quite noticeable. Not a lot of standing and dancing at the front, but there were a few first row people that were really into it. I was a bit far, but my view wasn't obstructed by anybody so the compromise was alright.

I enjoyed The Wallflowers as the opener, but I felt bad for them b/c no one stood until Jakob jokingly asked about it. I'm pretty shy standing up, since I can't drink yet. I'll definitely make more of an effort next time on that. I wish that they played Three Marlenas, but they only did 6th Avenue Heartbreak, One Headlight, and The Difference out of the Bringing Down the Horse album.

I also liked the acoustic guitar songs that play in between the Wallflowers and LBCM. I heard Think About Me and Red Rover. It kind of sounded like Stars Are Crazy, but I'm pretty sure it was Red Rover.

I got to talk to the sound guy because I wanted to ask if he had a copy of the set list. I'm sorry if I'm such a naive person that maybe the people in the front row have a better shot at getting it. He was really nice and I was glad to sit pretty close to those dudes. I knew the songs ahead of time just by looking at his computer. He was an older gray haired dude that works with Stevie, FM, Lindsey and "Chrissy." I know it's Christine, but I'm pretty sure he called her that.

I forgot to add that I saw Jimmy Paxson, the drummer, and Brett Tuggle, the keyboardist, at the (redacted for privacy reasons for their behalf & I jumped the gun) at the Monte Carlo. They were there like after 6 pm, and they had their own "team member seating." I didn't bother them, since they were eating. But I was lurking and looking at them, since I wanted to wish them luck so bad. Those who are brave to talk to music people, I salute you.

Hopefully, I'll talk about the music/show soon in another post, since it's late and I'm typing on a phone.

EDIT: I hope to share this on The Ledge, but I'm still waiting on posting privileges since Thursday night. I'll still lurk here, since all of you are pretty chill, nice, and awesome.
    Last edited by RudieCantFail; 07-23-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

@RudieCantFail

Great review. Interesting that The Wallflowers played. After the discussion on another thread about children of famous musicians, I was listening to Jakob Dylan solo tracks on Spotify while I was reading your account.

I'd love to hear an acoustic Think About Me. It's my favourite song on Tusk.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Welcome back, AT! Good to "see" you here.

Quoting Rudie: "I also liked the acoustic guitar songs that play in between the Wallflowers and LBCM. I heard Think About Me and Red Rover. It kind of sounded like Stars Are Crazy, but I'm pretty sure it was Red Rover. "

Thank you for the reminder. That acoustic guitar music played before FM concerts I'd been to on the last tour and I wondered who the guitarist was. Anybody know?

Maybe Soda knows. OT: Soda, I love your new (to me) avatar pic. Stevie is leaning in to you! Nice 'un.

Thanks for the review, Rudie!

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    I enjoyed The Wallflowers as the opener, but I felt bad for them b/c no one stood until Jakob jokingly asked about it. I'm pretty shy standing up, since I can't drink yet. I'll definitely make more of an effort next time on that.
    He does that at all the shows, I think. When he did that in Detroit, I stood up because I felt bad for him, lol! Nobody else was, though, so I self-consciously sat down after a song.

I hope to share this on The Ledge, but I'm still waiting on posting privileges since Thursday night. I'll still lurk here, since all of you are pretty chill, nice, and awesome.
    Ooh, is there something going on over there? I'll have to go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Maybe Soda knows. OT: Soda, I love your new (to me) avatar pic. Stevie is leaning in to you! Nice 'un.
    Play it for me and I'd know - but I can't remember what it was now!

Thanks - that's from the time I met Stevie and Don after a charity concert. Happy memories! And yes I felt so lucky and thrilled to have the Queen lean in!