Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Tempchin

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Already Gone? By the original songwriter

I always thought Gram Parsons was involved with Emmylou Harris, before Linda Ronstadt was ever heard of.

Border Desperado

from 74... and in Maryland no less.... this is probably, well... this is good stuff...

This is almost a year after Gram died and after Emmy and Linda became friends... I think that ELH came to LA and ended up living with LR while she grieved... talk about a community of artists... hard to imagine that kind of a scene today where folks would play for the music and help each other... but they did...

lgnlr1

lgnlr2

lgnlr3

lgnlr4

lgnlr5

I hope you enjoy this... it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

one other Bob Warford tidbit... he went to medical school but ended up becoming an attorney instead and is to this day one of the big dog medical malpractice attorneys... and still plays incredible guitar.
    Last edited by bernie's bender; 09-21-2009 at 11:09 PM.
    I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I always thought Gram Parsons was involved with Emmylou Harris, before Linda Ronstadt was ever heard of.
    Linda predates both of them in the fame department. She was on the Glen Campbell Goodtime hour, the Johnny Cash show.. she charted Different Drum (written by Monkee Mike Nesmith) in 67... Emmy didn't meet Gram until the 1970's...

Two things: 1) I don't think Gram and Linda were ever romantically linked. 2) Emmy and LR have been extremely private about their relationships and while it is easy to conclude that ELH and Gram were lovers... no one has ever admitted it.... my suspicion is to protect the families... similar to LR and LG.

Gram didn't join the Byrds until 68 and didn't connect with Emmy til much later (like 2 or 3 years)

Border Desperado

here is an RS article which substantiates that LG and LR umm, dated.

The article spends too much time being hip... there is another account... I cannot remember who I heard it from... I'll remember and post it... about their relationship...

there is no adequate testament to how cool Lowell was (or Linda) and the only concert footage I've seen that captures how truly cool the Eagles and guys like Danny Fogelberg were... is maybe the Kirshner footage of Joe Walsh's concert.....

The eagles back then were like a panther in a hurricane... oh well... sorry for the remembrances... probably kinda silly.

[QUOTE=bernie's bender;84139]from 74... and in Maryland no less.... this is probably, well... this is good stuff...

I hope you enjoy this... it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
    </quote>

MINE TOO!

MikeA

Not silly at all - I find this all very interesting! I didn't know much about all of this, and I love to hear about such behind-the-scenes things. Plus, those links... wow! Such great vocals and so clear, and when they start singing together - wonderful. Thanks for posting them.

As far as that photo - one of them is Linda Ronstadt I'm stumped as to the rest!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well bender - this is some really interesting stuff. While it is easy for me to see why the rockin' energy-packed Eagles' version of Already Gone was a lot more successful, I think Jack's version does have a certain appeal. It is an interesting combination of country-flavored funk. I really enjoyed it. I think it is amazing how different the musical arrangements are for the two versions. If not for the lyrics, I would not have even recognized Jack's music as being the same song that I am so familiar with.

I also love Boylan's rules - those are sooo true! And I vaguely remember hearing talk about Linda being involved with Lowell, but, honestly, never had heard about how deeply involved they were before. Do you know the timeframe of their relationship?

I can't name all of the people in the picture either.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

I knew I was wrong about something last night and it was bugging me... I'm sorting through old recordings and I remembered Bob being the guitar player correctly... but, it isn't Jack singing on that it is Robb Strandlund! sheesh, a brain fart deluxe!

I had all those files in the same folder with some other stuff (now you guys have me all sorting through old recordings and pics etc.)

I'll post the people in the picture in a bit....

sorry for the error, I'll make mistakes... but I usually fix'em.

I don't know for certain any timeline for LR and LG's thing... truthfully, I think they were always kinda linked... I'd bet only Linda would know for sure and she'd never say...

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by bernie's bender View Post
    I promised I'd list the gang in the pic...

Bernie Leadon, Michael Clarke, Chris Hillman, Rick Roberts, Lowell George, Linda Ronstadt and Al Perkins

Here is another fun picture... this is of the 'legendary' Longbranch Pennywhistle...

John Beland, Glenn and JD

Man, I'm embarrassed about not recognizing Bernie Leadon.

Gotta love JD's outfit in that Longbranch Pennywhistle live photo!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten