Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Jack Tempchin

Banned

Default Re: Jack Tempchin

Thank you very much for finding and posting the links UndertheWire.

Candye Kane seems to have lived a story and a half!
    She died in Los Angeles on May 6, 2016, aged 54

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candye_Kane

Hi - Im candye kane. To answer your questions about who I am, I am an internationally touring blues singer/songwriter who has been nominated for five national blues awards by the national blues foundation. I have won best blues band 12 times in san diego. I am a good friend of Jack Tempchins and have recorded one of his songs on almost every one of my 11 cds. My newest cd sister vagabond, features a song Jack and Glenn wrote together called "Everybody's Gonna Love somebody Tonight." The cd will be available in stores on on Itunes on August 16th on the Delta Groove Record Label.
    This is the least of it!

From Candye Kane's 2011 album Sister Vagabond

Everybody's Gonna Love Somebody Tonight
    https://myzuka.me/Song/1877509/Candy...mebody-Tonight
    Last edited by Funk 50; 07-13-2017 at 09:37 AM.

Banned

This article has the full track list, including bonus tracks, of Jack's forthcoming album; Peaceful Easy Feeling–The Songs of Jack Tempchin.

http://bestclassicbands.com/jack-tem...ction-8-10-17/

Track List;

Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Part of Me, Part of You
    Slow Dancing (featuring Rita Coolidge)
    The One You Love
    Soul Searchin’ (featuring Janiva Magness)
    Already Gone (featuring Chris Hillman and Herb Pedersen)
    Privacy
    Everybody’s Gonna Love Somebody Tonight
    Party Town
    It’s Your World Now

Bonus Songs (on digital edition)
    Somebody
    I Found Somebody (featuring Janiva Magness)
    I Did it For Your Love
    You Belong to the City
    I particularly look forward to hearing I Did It For Your Love

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I'm looking forward to the album.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Thanks Dawn ! Can we get Jack's cd on amazon ?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Just listened to "Privacy" on Spotify and really liked it!!! Can really imagine Glenn singing it.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Jack Tempchin Premieres Video for 'Privacy,' the Last Song He Wrote with Glenn Frey.

"Jack Tempchin, longtime collaborator and friend of the Eagles' Glenn Frey, is debuting a new video for "Privacy," a track on his Peaceful Easy Feeling: The Songs of Jack Tempchin album, available Friday (Aug. 25). "Privacy" was the final song Tempchin and Frey wrote together, though it was never recorded prior to the sessions for this album.

Glenn and I wrote this song in 2002, back when we both first became concerned about the issue of privacy," Tempchin tells Billboard. "To me, it’s become one of the main issues of our time, but most people haven’t woken up to it yet. This song and video illustrate that point in a playful and humorous way.”

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...deo-glenn-frey

On the Amazon page with Jack's CD, the songlist doesn't list who wrote the tracks, but rather, who performs them. As on "Slow Dancing," it says "by Jack Tempchin, feat. Rita Coolidge." That's who's singing the song.

Anyway, it would be a serious copyright breach for Jack not to list Glenn as a co-writer for the songs Glenn's registered as being the co-writer for. That would be a major legal snafu on Jack's part. He just couldn't do that. His publishing company would have a fit, for starters. And I don't think it would ever cross his mind, in any event.

You can check Wikipedia and Glenn and Jack are listed as co-writers on the songs where they were the writers.

Hope that clears up the confusion!

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    On the Amazon page with Jack's CD, the songlist doesn't list who wrote the tracks, but rather, who performs them. As on "Slow Dancing," it says "by Jack Tempchin, feat. Rita Coolidge." That's who's singing the song.

Anyway, it would be a serious copyright breach for Jack not to list Glenn as a co-writer for the songs Glenn's registered as being the co-writer for. That would be a major legal snafu on Jack's part. He just couldn't do that. His publishing company would have a fit, for starters. And I don't think it would ever cross his mind, in any event.

You can check Wikipedia and Glenn and Jack are listed as co-writers on the songs where they were the writers.

Did you get a chance to watch the video of Privacy? If so, what are your thoughts?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post

It did occur to me that was what was meant later on.

As for Privacy, yes, it has the Frey-Tempchin formula sound. Unfortunately it sounded to me like a poor man's Smuggler's Blues. As for shouting the word 'privacy'! as they did in songs like Partytown & It's Cold In Here, how uninspired. Wouldn't it have been nice instead of a barroom singalong we could have a brooding, Leonard Cohen type thing. But that's Henley's department. I don't even know if it would have worked with Glenn's voice. I guess we will never know, but it did nothing for me. Perhaps others will be satisfied by it.

Stuck on the Border

The blurb on Amazon gives Glenn songwriting credit - indeed, it seems to be the Unique Selling Point for the album.

My problem with the album is that almost all the songs have been recorded by Glenn and I'd much rather hear Glenn sing them than Jack.