Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Tribute Bands

Default Re: Eagles Tribute Bands

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    They are a very talented group of musicians. They weren't trying to imitate the band (though one of the guitarists had on an old school University of Colorado t-shirt just like Glenn's, and one of the roadies was seen striding down the aisle in a tinfoil helmet like Joe's) but stayed mostly faithful to the arrangements.

The only time I felt the wheels starting to come off the bus was "New Kid in Town" - as an encore - with an ill-advised varied tempo ending. But they redeemed themselves with a gospel-tinged "Take It to the Limit" (similar to the version on Randy's 1978 solo album) and a rousing TIE.

Probably the biggest response from the audience was for the title track of "On the Border," done as a blazing rocker. It deepened the mystery for me as to why the real Eagles don't play this song live. Joe Walsh, with his hard funk style, could tear this one up. Maybe it's too demanding on Don H. as a singer to also be playing heavy drums.

The band I saw yesterday had a female drummer and she was great. She could also sing the high notes on TITTL, helping out her male bandmates.
    NMB, glad you enjoyed the show. Thanks for the thoughtful review.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Interesting - thanks!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Everyone should check out On The Border. A true tribute band out of Charlotte, NC. They truly try to look and act the actual parts. Great musicians, vocals, and show. Check them out here- http://video.unctv.org/video/3005674823/

Out on the Border

Here’s their website. https://www.ultimateeaglestribute.com/ Looks like they also performed at Whiskey-A-Go-Go in LA on the Worlds Greatest Tribute Band show on AXSTV.

I was planning on seeing Another Tequila Sunrise tonight as they were playing right next door to my work but as I went to get tickets I saw they were sold out. I was disappointed because for months I knew about it but I figured getting tickets wouldn’t be an issue. So as I left my work right as the concert started I could hear “Those Shoes” playing and they sounded pretty good. The talk box guitars were spot on. It was tough leaving and I thought about just standing in the rain listening through the door but that’d be a bit weird. I hope at some point they’ll come close again so I can see them.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I was planning on seeing Another Tequila Sunrise tonight as they were playing right next door to my work but as I went to get tickets I saw they were sold out. I was disappointed because for months I knew about it but I figured getting tickets wouldn’t be an issue. So as I left my work right as the concert started I could hear “Those Shoes” playing and they sounded pretty good. The talk box guitars were spot on. It was tough leaving and I thought about just standing in the rain listening through the door but that’d be a bit weird. I hope at some point they’ll come close again so I can see them.
    Where do you live? We tour different areas of the country every year, so maybe we'll be in a "theater near you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEaglesBand View Post
    Where do you live? We tour different areas of the country every year, so maybe we'll be in a "theater near you."
    I live in Massachusetts. That’d be awesome if were able to do a show here

I won 2 tickets to see Already Gone in Houston! The concert is this Friday evening on the 26th. However, I can’t find anyone to go with me. My hubby can’t make it and he’s bummed about it (and he isn’t much of an Eagles fan, lol). Anyway, if anyone in the Houston area is interested in the other ticket, please PM me.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

i'd like to see Talon, they're supposed to be good

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    We have several threads where people talk about seeing Eagles tribute bands (or being in one) - I thought it might be handy to have a centralized thread where we list Eagles tribute bands so we can follow them and maybe check out their shows. These are the ones that have been mentioned in other threads (although I'm sure I'm missing some)

The Alter Eagles (Greg's band)
    7 Bridges: The Ultimate Eagles Experience (Keith's band)
    Eaglemania (Jon and Frank's band - as reviewed by Dreamer here)
    Heartache Tonight (as reviewed by PM here)
    New Kid in Town (Canada) (as reviewed by timfan here)
    Talon (UK) (as reviewed by JanisJoplin here)
    The Sheagles
    Desperado (UK)
    Illegal Eagles (UK)
    The Dutch Eagles (Europe)
    One of These Nights (Canada)
    The Long Run (Los Angeles)
    The Long Run (Colorado)
    Another Tequila Sunrise
    Take It to the Limit
    Hotel California (as reviewed by Dreamer here, Stars here, cheryl here and Molly here)*

*Now, there are several tribute bands called Hotel California, and Molly saw another one she reviewed here.

So, what we can do is try to find others and maybe link to their official sites or tour schedules. I have linked to the official sites of those I could find.

Stuck on the Border

Here's an article on tribute bands, with mention of a couple of Eagles tribute bands that play in the UK. Quite interesting to see the views from a few people who play in such bands and someone who hires them about stigma and what works.
    http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts_e...tribute_bands/