Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Withdraws from Concert at Republican National Convention

Default Re: um....

[QUOTE=WS82Classics;329372]I would contend the Eagles outed their political beliefs much earlier than 'Eden,' in 1976 with "The Last Resort."

That one tackled, among other things, environmental causes. Even in their heyday, they did concerts raising awareness of pro-environmentalist causes, along with other such acts as Jackson Browne and the Doobie Brothers.[/QUOTE

I guess your right.

Default Re: Joe Withdraws from Concert at Republican National Convention

I hope the "hardcore Democrats" don't support Hillary Clinton, either. She's voted with the right-wing on EVERY major issue.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

this IS the most calm and respectable conversation about politics ever. lol

this seriously wins the internet

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I can't say I blame Joe since he was misled and misinformed. I do hope that he does play a gig in the future which does benefit veterans, which he said he would try to do.

I know plenty of republicans given where I live. None of them like Trump, and they refuse to vote for him. Neither the republicans nor most democrats I know like Clinton, including me. If those 2 get the nomination, I think we're screwed either way. It's only April; I dread turning on the TV to watch the news between now and the middle of November.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    this IS the most calm and respectable conversation about politics ever. lol

this seriously wins the internet
    I am surprised myself. Generally if you are on the internet well lets just say steer clear of any political discussion. Frankly I am sick of all this bias against the Republicans these days.

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I can't say I blame Joe since he was misled and misinformed. I do hope that he does play a gig in the future which does benefit veterans, which he said he would try to do.

I know plenty of republicans given where I live. None of them like Trump, and they refuse to vote for him. Neither the republicans nor most democrats I know like Clinton, including me. If those 2 get the nomination, I think we're screwed either way. It's only April; I dread turning on the TV to watch the news between now and the middle of November.
    Exactly. Also you can't say anything these days without protests breaking out.

Banned

Maybe the republicans got confused when Joe surprisingly showed some support for Trump's antics, last year.

As far back as his Barnstorm album in 1972, Joe showed some political interest by spelling out the phrase, "Register and vote" in morse code during a moment of ambience. He redid the stunt ("Register and vote for me") on his Songs For A Dying Planet CD, 20 years later, leading into the track titled Vote For Me.
    He's ran for president and vice president, and often encourages his fans to get involved in the political process during concerts, so, although Joe abhores DT's politics, he felt Mr Trump would be a positive force for getting apathetic citzens to engage in the nation's political process.

I guess Joe would've been a quite a scoop to have, playing in Columbus, Ohio.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I am surprised myself. Generally if you are on the internet well lets just say steer clear of any political discussion. Frankly I am sick of all this bias against the Republicans these days.
    oh trust me I know. I remember posting something on my facebook page and OMG people went nuts. I'm like really? it's an opinion get the sticks out of your butts. lmao

Very true.

For me it's not even talking about policies or parties or what they all say they are going to do differently. Trump is just a classless jerk and I think regardless of what party he's in, I don't like him and he isn't classy enough or as skilled enough to be President. It's just simply the fact that he comes across as a clown.

I saw something on Facebook the other day that made me laugh. It was a picture that said people are voting for Trump because he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to say what's on his mind. Then it said "well my drunk uncle speaks his mind too but that doesn't mean he should be President" lol. I think that says it all really.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Banned

I'm selfishly, delighted to see Joe still getting a lot of negative publicity for cancelling this concert appearance, even if it is mainly from uninformed numskulls.

Hopefully, it will give Joe further encouragement to consider embarking on a lengthy spell, touring, maybe even recording, outside The USA. Specifically here in the UK.