Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Withdraws from Concert at Republican National Convention

Default Re: um....

I say go Joe. What they did to him was wrong and I hope he goes after them legally. I completely and thoroughly agree with his comments about the nastiness that is the Republican 2016 candidates. I personally think Donald Trump is about as low as they can go.

I'm not going to disclose my choice, but I think Trump has caused more harm than good and will continue to do so. Look at his supporters and the physical violence that some of them start let alone the childish namecalling and the attacks on each others spouses. And Donald just encourages that. He wants them to stir the pot. I personally think that the Republican party is better than that and I'm hoping and praying we do not see Trump win. It will do way more harm than good, and I'm not even talking about his policies, which he rarely discusses. I'm talking about the exact thing Joe is. And to tell the truth, I'm sick of the fact every time I turn on the TV it's all about what Trump said today or this week or what he's done. It's to the point I don't watch television anymore. It's just like the Kardashians, that's all people talk about on TV anymore. It gets old.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I say go Joe. What they did to him was wrong and I hope he goes after them legally. I completely and thoroughly agree with his comments about the nastiness that is the Republican 2016 candidates. I personally think Donald Trump is about as low as they can go.

I'm not going to disclose my choice, but I think Trump has caused more harm than good and will continue to do so. Look at his supporters and the physical violence that some of them start let alone the childish namecalling and the attacks on each others spouses. And Donald just encourages that. He wants them to stir the pot. I personally think that the Republican party is better than that and I'm hoping and praying we do not see Trump win. It will do way more harm than good, and I'm not even talking about his policies, which he rarely discusses. I'm talking about the exact thing Joe is. And to tell the truth, I'm sick of the fact every time I turn on the TV it's all about what Trump said today or this week or what he's done. It's to the point I don't watch television anymore. It's just like the Kardashians, that's all people talk about on TV anymore. It gets old.
    yes my point exactly. Trump has not showed any type of class with this. he does have his followers and I cant say to not vote for him but me personally nope... I'm totally not into politics but the way trump has acted it really weirded me out. lol but I agree Joe should go after them legally. because those veterans and all their families were possibly looking forward to seeing him and he had to shut everything down because those people misled him. its horrible...

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Yes that's true but I am a Republican and was furious on how he threw all Republicans in his last statement. But yes it is disgraceful how he was deceived.
    I think he was alluding more to Donald Trump and his supporters than the other two, though I can't imagine he's any sort of fan of Ted Cruz, either. With the way the Ignoramus Rex keeps on winning(So many victories our heads are spinning), I can't totally fault people for thinking the party and its voters have gone completely over the hill.

Personally, while my own ideological stances skew hard towards those given lip service to by that party, I've not affiliated in several years. With people like Trump and his supporters, it's unlikely I ever would again.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Quote Originally Posted by WS82Classics View Post
    I think he was alluding more to Donald Trump and his supporters than the other two, though I can't imagine he's any sort of fan of Ted Cruz, either. With the way the Ignoramus Rex keeps on winning(So many victories our heads are spinning), I can't totally fault people for thinking the party and its voters have gone completely over the hill.

Personally, while my own ideological stances skew hard towards those given lip service to by that party, I've not affiliated in several years. With people like Trump and his supporters, it's unlikely I ever would again.
    Exactly.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

UMM you guys do realize the Eagles are hardcore Democrats? Listen to Long Road Out Of Eden its full of criticisms against the gop. they even admited it. Listen I am mad that the party lied to him not cool. But anyone can notice the whole propaganda against the GOP by the democrats this cycle its all about being PC. But hey it's healthy to have this discussion as long as does not get out of hand.

One more thing. Trump does not represent the gop in its values he has always been a liberal and Hillary is a Lier and Bernie wants to give everything to everyone for free. The only reasonable guy in my opinion is Kaisch.
    I am sure soda is okay with this discussion as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

UMM you guys do realize the Eagles are hardcore Democrats?
    What's wrong with that?

Look, I think Trump isn't doing the GOP any favors this year. I have nothing against the Republican party. I have a LOT against one Donald J. Trump.

I'd much rather their be political correctness among the democrats than Trump's version of namecalling, personal attacks (making fun of a disabled man, attacking a candidate's wife, let alone attacks on other candidates), and just completely looking like a buffoon. Not to mention egging on his supporters to attack protesters be it physical or otherwise. It's not cool, and IMO he is in no way, shape, or form fit to hold the office of POTUS.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

What's wrong with that?

Look, I think Trump isn't doing the GOP any favors this year. I have nothing against the Republican party. I have a LOT against one Donald J. Trump.

I'd much rather their be political correctness among the democrats than Trump's version of namecalling, personal attacks (making fun of a disabled man, attacking a candidate's wife, let alone attacks on other candidates), and just completely looking like a buffoon. Not to mention egging on his supporters to attack protesters be it physical or otherwise. It's not cool, and he is in no way, shape, or form fit to hold the office of POTUS.
    I totally agree. But here is my stance on this situation. Joe said he thought it was non-partisan, but if it was the Democrats he would be fine with that.

I totally agree. But here is my stance on this situation. Joe said he thought it was non-partisan, but if it was the Democrats he would be fine with that.
    And I see your point.... I honestly believe Joe is referring to Trump when he speaks of the horrible things going on. But regardless he was misled, but I don't think it's right to group all GOP voters together, either.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

And I see your point.... I honestly believe Joe is referring to Trump when he speaks of the horrible things going on. But regardless he was misled, but I don't think it's right to group all GOP voters together, either.
    Wow I think this was the most calm discussion about politics on the internet ever. glad we are on the same page.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

I would contend the Eagles outed their political beliefs much earlier than 'Eden,' in 1976 with "The Last Resort."

That one tackled, among other things, environmental causes. Even in their heyday, they did concerts raising awareness of pro-environmentalist causes, along with other such acts as Jackson Browne and the Doobie Brothers.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney