Page 92 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Banned

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

I think the Buckingham / McVie album sounds a very promising concept. They're certainly capable of co-writing great songs together.

It reminds me of CSN's, Daylight Again album, which, with David Crosby unavailable, was to be a Stills / Nash album. Timothy B Schmit was assigned to provide Crosby harmonies.

The record company wouldn't release the finished album, insisting that a Stills / Nash album didn't have any sales potential of a CSN album. When he became available, a requisite amount of Crosby was added to the project and the CSN album, Daylight Again, hit the stores... and the charts.

Whether it is released as Buckingham / McVie, or has Stevie added later to make it a new Fleetwood Mac album, I see the new album as something to look forward to, even though I'm not much of a FMac fan.

My favourite track on Tango In The Night is You And I (Part II) (Written by Buckingham Nicks). I'm very surprised to see that You And I (Part I) isn't listed as an extra on the new release.

After double checking;
    http://fleetwoodmac-uk.com/wp/tag/ta...nded-editions/
    Latest info suggests that it is, as half of You And I (Part II) (Full Version). So that would be You And I (no brackets needed) then

According to wikipedia, Tango In The Night has an interesting, and relevant gestation....

Although the album took almost 18 months to complete, Stevie Nicks only spent a total of two weeks in the studio with the band as she was busy promoting her third solo album Rock A Little throughout most of this period.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh wow, only 2 weeks? Perhaps it will be a case of history repeating itself.

Has there been any talk of tour plans? Surely they wouldn't tour as Buckingham McVie.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I think the Buckingham / McVie album sounds a very promising concept. They're certainly capable of co-writing great songs together.

It reminds me of CSN's, Daylight Again album, which, with David Crosby unavailable, was to be a Stills / Nash album. Timothy B Schmit was assigned to provide Crosby harmonies.

The record company wouldn't release the finished album, insisting that a Stills / Nash album didn't have any sales potential of a CSN album. When he became available, a requisite amount of Crosby was added to the project and the CSN album, Daylight Again, hit the stores... and the charts.

Whether it is released as Buckingham / McVie, or has Stevie added later to make it a new Fleetwood Mac album, I see the new album as something to look forward to, even though I'm not much of a FMac fan.

My favourite track on Tango In The Night is You And I (Part II) (Written by Buckingham Nicks). I'm very surprised to see that You And I (Part I) isn't listed as an extra on the new release.

After double checking;
    http://fleetwoodmac-uk.com/wp/tag/ta...nded-editions/
    Latest info suggests that it is, as half of You And I (Part II) (Full Version). So that would be You And I (no brackets needed) then

According to wikipedia, Tango In The Night has an interesting, and relevant gestation....
    I thought Soda made it clear Stevie will not be on this album. Hence the title.

Yes, but we're holding out hope that Stevie could swoop in at the eleventh hour so to speak, add a song or two, sprinkle some fairy dust and voila - a new Fleetwood Mac album.

It's unlikely, but not impossible. The album is tentatively scheduled for May - that leaves the window open a tiny crack.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I thought Soda made it clear Stevie will not be on this album. Hence the title.
    Is Soda Stevie's mom?

Is Soda Stevie's mom?
    (sorry I couldn't resist, that's so funny)

Just to clarify, I know that's not how FP meant it...
    Last edited by Delilah; 01-25-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Is Soda Stevie's mom?

Soda knows more about Fleetwood Mac than anyone I know.

If I see an article about a forthcoming album which clearly states the album's title & lists the personnel on the album, I don't feel inclined to start fishing around & claiming that another scenario could occur. I just, you know, accept the facts which have been presented.

Updated links to Tango in the Night deluxe. It comes out on March 10.

Deluxe (3CD, 1LP, 1DVD) -
    https://www.amazon.com/Tango-Night-D..._1485407806340
    Expanded Edition (2CD) - http://wbr.ec/titn2cd?adnxs_id=15607...76836696&rfr=1

To me, it doesn't seem enticing enough to consider buying.

I would love for Stevie to swoop in at the last moment but she has outright stated she's not interested in making an album with Fleetwood Mac.

Of course, she could always change her mind... I just wouldn't put any money on that option.

There has been no public talk of a BM tour (hmm, an unfortunate abbreviation) but I imagine they might do a few small shows to call attention to the album's release. Since Fleetwood Mac is planning a global tour in a few months, anything they did would have to be brief.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda, will Stevie tour with FM?