Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're addicted to the Eagles when....

Default Re: You know you're addicted to the Eagles when....

About 6 or 8 years ago, our Catholic church acquired a new 20-something music director, Joe, that turned our music ministry around. Finally, we had singing and music and choirs that we could be part of and be proud of. A few years ago, in a portion of the annual Mass where the priest was installing the new Eucharistic ministers and lectors, the young director was simply playing instrumental hymns on the piano. At one point, a male friend in front of me and I simultaneously realized that Joe was subtly playing Springsteen's "Racing in the Streets" in the same key and tempo as the previous hymns. We both looked at each other in disbelief; and then became even more amazed that no one else seemed to realize it! (Least of all, the priest!) After Mass, I went up to Joe and called him on it...all he did was smile broadly.

A couple of months ago, the same situation arose, and this time I heard Joe add U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name" in the midst of a series of instrumental hymns. Again, I went up to him after Mass, and he admitted that the key of that U2 song was perfect for the hymns surrounding it. And still, the powers that be (ie, the clergy) have no idea of these few forays into the rock world. Unfortunately, Joe is leaving our church at the end of June for another position...I am truly sorry to see him go. He certainly added so much to our church in the years he has been with us!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Eaglesvet: We were at a church once and they sang "Amazing Grace" to the tune of Peaceful Easy Feeling - no joke! So hillarious! We've never forgotten that!

We don't do "popular" music for worship..I'm pretty picky about words in worship music...but when we're rehearsing or playing at home, my husband usually adds a little "something extra" to pep things up...

I'm sorry to hear your music director is leaving...sounds like he has a fun/spunky side! I hope he will be replaced by someone of the same nature!

Now, to stay on topic - lest I waver...

"You know you're addicted to the Eagles when..."
    You've just gotten to know them over the last couple of months and now many conversations start with , "did you know that Glenn...or I read that Don...or Timothy said this...or Joe has this guitar"...lol

Quote Originally Posted by anne-o-gg View Post
    "You know you're addicted to the Eagles when..."
    You've just gotten to know them over the last couple of months and now many conversations start with , "did you know that Glenn...or I read that Don...or Timothy said this...or Joe has this guitar"...lol
    LOL. I'm with you.

Or when you only have to say "Don" or and everyone around you immediately knows exactly who you're talking about. No surnames, naturally... It's an informal relationship we have

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    LOL. I'm with you.

Or when you only have to say "Don" or and everyone around you immediately knows exactly who you're talking about. No surnames, naturally... It's an informal relationship we have
    Oh, haha...I'm not that far gone yet...lol...I think I may see this in my future though...

when you at the store and go all crazy when you here a song and start talkong about the concert you whent to 2 months ago.

auntmeda:}

Quote Originally Posted by anne-o-gg View Post
    Eaglesvet: We were at a church once and they sang "Amazing Grace" to the tune of Peaceful Easy Feeling - no joke! So hillarious! We've never forgotten that!
    We did "Amazing Grace" to the tune of "House Of The Rising Sun". Haven't tried it with "Peaceful Easy Feeling". I'll have to give that one a shot.

Oh, WELCOME! I miss the practices.

MikeA

My small neighbour (2) saw with me some time ago the Hole in the World video, it was the first time and to date the only time he saw something of the eagles.
    Some days ago, he saw on the desktop of my Leptop and pointed at Don and said" he plays drums" !!!!

He has quite frequently heard the eagles with me,
    his favourite Eagles song is How Long, from Glenn he loves Smuggler´s blues!
    If he hears these both songs he always begins to dance!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    Some days ago, he saw on the desktop of my Leptop and pointed at Don and said" he plays drums" !!!!
    That is so flippin' cute!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

you're addicted when... you take your kids off our computer wallpaper and put on TBS and Glenn!

you're addicted when... you wake up in the middle of every night and one of their songs is in your head.

you're addicted when... only your message board friends understand your passion and your real life friends/family are actually annoyed by our obession and roll their eyes at you!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    you're addicted when... only your message board friends understand your passion and your real life friends/family are actually annoyed by our obession and roll their eyes at you!
    YES!!!!! That is sooo annoying!