The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Off-Topic Discussion Areas > Singing for the Sake of the Song

Singing for the Sake of the Song Discuss anything related to other music acts, artists, bands, etc.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:27 PM   #1081
Delilah
Border Troubadour

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Interesting stuff from Ms. Nicks from an interview earlier today.

Quote:
Do you want to make a new record with [Fleetwood Mac]?
I don't think we'll do another record. If the music business were different, I might feel different. I don't think there's any reason to spend a year and an amazing amount of money on a record that, even if it has great things, isn't going to sell. What we do is go on the road, do a ton of shows and make lots of money. We have a lot of fun. Making a record isn't all that much fun.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...future-w470914

Take it to the limit, one more time.
Delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:30 AM   #1082
buffyfan145
Border Troubadour

So excited to see Stevie Nicks in concert again tonight!!! It's my 2nd time seeing her but first time solo since I saw Fleetwood Mac a couple years ago. I feel like it's fitting too with it also being St. Patrick's Day. And I'm excited to see The Pretenders too as I love them as well.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #1083
NightMistBlue
Stuck on the Border

Have a great time, Buffy!
NightMistBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:32 AM   #1084
Brooke

Location: Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Have fun, Buffy! I'm sure it will be awesome!

And please tell us all about it!

"My brothers, the Eagles, forever may you fly" Linda Ronstadt, Kennedy Center Honors, 2016
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #1085
buffyfan145
Border Troubadour

Stevie was amazing last night!!! I love how she did this tour like "VH1 Storytellers" and told stories about all of the songs. She looked and sounded amazing and actually addressed those articles recently about Fleetwood Mac and not recording as well as possibly the Classic East/West festival. She said they aren't breaking up. It's just that she didn't want to record a new album but they will be doing shows soon and everyone cheered. She also even talked a bit about the Tom Petty Musicares event, reuniting with old friends, and said Dave Ghrol helped her find her new touring drummer as the one she was with back in the fall rejoined his normal band. I also loved she told the whole story behind "Stand Back" with Prince. I cracked up too at how she was shocked Prince's speaking voice was so much lower than his singing voice a that always threw me off too. LOL She also dedicated "Edge of 17" to him too as pictures of him was behind her, and she said she feels him a lot now and feels he's on stage with her a lot too now, especially during "Stand Back". Even mentioned she talks not only to him but other friends that have passed on too which made me think of Glenn and others.

The Pretenders were amazing too and Chrissie sounds exactly the same. I've always loved their songs too and with her being an Ohioan too they had a great reception. Loved her singing "Stop Dragging my Heart Around" with Stevie too.

The parents had a great time too and loved how Stevie also compared it to all of us hanging out in her living room and singing. It did have a feel like that.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:46 PM   #1086
LuvTim
Stuck on the Border

Buffy, that sounds like a terrific night with Stevie and Chrissie. I confess that this would be one of my dream concerts. So glad that you got to see them both and that the evening went so well.

It's all in your smile that brings
All of the special things about you
LuvTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #1087
Delilah
Border Troubadour

Thanks for the review, Buffyfan. How awesome Stevie paid tribute to Prince! I kind of regret not catching her show when she was in my area a few months ago.

Take it to the limit, one more time.
Delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM   #1088
sodascouts
Administrator

I was thrilled to see Stevie in Memphis and then Bossier City, Louisiana the weekend before last. She sounded and looked fantastic, and I too enjoyed the stories. I even heard some new ones, or at least some variations on themes!

I'm glad to see her enjoying herself, but I am sad that she has no desire to contribute to a Fleetwood Mac album. At least she will continue to tour with them.

Always in our hearts, always with us, never forgotten, never truly gone.
sodascouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM   #1089
Brooke

Location: Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Buffy and Soda, sounds like wonderful shows! Thanks for sharing!

I'd love to see Stevie solo and also FM if they ever come around here again.

"My brothers, the Eagles, forever may you fly" Linda Ronstadt, Kennedy Center Honors, 2016
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote